Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    or maybe just a shot the toner supply was low or don't supply much... or the mylars or paddles of the toner supply was not in good shape?

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Gestetner DSM735(Aficio 3035) -  Developer Developed problem.....  :(

WTF Dude. Call your local service tech. You have messed up your machine trying to fix it yourself. By the way, it's a development unit, not a developing unit as you called it in your previous post. Just tells me you may be in over your head. Sorry don't really mean to be a dick. Had a long day.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisban35 View Post
    But after you run an initial SP 2-801 and you have a gray background, you are stuck with only two options. Either trash the developer and start again, way too expensive, or attempt to eliminate as much toner from the developer as possible and try running it again. From what i have gathered from the Service technicians at Ricoh and also other tech friends, is to simply "sky-shot' copies to pull as much toner out as possible. I'm told this is an OK procedure if you may have gotten a bad result during your initial setup.

Although I would be lying if I said I understand exactly what takes place during the SP 2-801 procedure, I can't imagine it's any harsher than a standard charge applied during a copy run??

But if it is, what alternative does someone have? What does a technician do if faced with the problem I have?

Thanks for everyone's input, I sincerely appreciate the time you give to help me resolve this....
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Gestetner DSM735(Aficio 3035) -  Developer Developed problem.....  :(

Do you happen to know the life of the drums on these two machines? I have changed developer on machines with old drums and have had this issue. Even though the drums looked ok, I could not get rid of the background until I replaced the drum. If you have a new drum throw it in and see if it helps, if not take it back out.
    Totoro