Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    mflanders

Gestetner Dsm416 stopping scanning to folder since changing ISP providers

I recently changed ISP providers from Road Runner to Verizon. I had a scan to folder setup to my PC prior to that that worked just fine with Road Runner and I was also using a Linksys Small Business Router. No problems until I switched from Road Runner to Verizon as I had problems getting internet access to work because the verizon modem gateway did not want to share the same gateway ip as the router. I ended up setting the Linksys router up as a bridge with a separate gateway address. When I print to the Gestetner Dsm416 it prints just fine. When I try to scan to my normal network folder it fails. When I try to access the web browser from internet explorer I can not connect to the browser.
    Anyone help would be greatly appreciated in getting this resolved?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Gestetner Dsm416 stopping scanning to folder since changing ISP providers

Aside from reconfiguring the router (I'll let others give a detailed explanation), I think the easiest route would be to put a 4 port switch before the router. Plug the mfp and your PC into the switch, that should take the router out of the equation. Someone else please post if you think this won't work or an easier method.

mflanders
    I will try that today and let you know how I make out. Thanks

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar
    Is it possible that the Verizon connection uses a different connection type, PPoE or a static IP? Did Verizon provide you with a router or modem to use with their service?

Technician
    I would check the IP address and DNS settings on the machine. If you have put in static DNS servers, the new ISP probably has different DNS servers, and the machine is unable to access the old DNS servers. If that is the case, the machine will be unable to resolve the hostnames of the PCs and deliver the files to them.

Edit: Have you taken your router out of bridge mode since making the switch? Could be a router configuration problem if that is the case.