Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    veli
    From service manual:

----------------------------------------------------------
    Toner End Recovery

The machine assumes that the toner cartridge has been replaced if either of the
    following occurs when the near-end or end status exists:

• The upper right cover is opened and closed.
    • The main switch is turned off and on.

Then the machine starts to supply toner to the development unit. After supplying
    toner, the machine clears the toner near-end or end status if the following
    conditions are detected:

• Vt [0] - Vt [3] > 0.5V
    • Vt - Vref > 0.3V

----------------------------------------------------------

Some of these conditions not meet required result. So one or more parameters in equation have to be wrong. Which parameter is it?

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Well if you replaced clutch,drum unit,dev unit. then maybee you have an obstruction in the toner tube .Remove the drum units and dev units so you can access the end of the toner tube inside the middle of the machine . Now remove the black toner cartridge and stick your vacuum hose in the
    toner tube. stick your finger into the centre of the machine and feel if there is air movement . This should be easy to tell. if so just let the vacuum run for a while to clear out any chunks of toner if there are any. Now do the opposite. Replace the toner into the machine and put the vacuum hose inside the machine on the tube end and draw the toner all the way through the tube . You will see some toner coming out when its primed.Now reinstall the toner tube back into the pump and see if this works.

Service Manager 100+ Posts
    3245C keeps asking for black toner

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Well if you replaced clutch,drum unit,dev unit. then maybee you have an obstruction in the toner tube .Remove the drum units and dev units so you can access the end of the toner tube inside the middle of the machine . Now remove the black toner cartridge and stick your vacuum hose in the
    toner tube. stick your finger into the centre of the machine and feel if there is air movement . This should be easy to tell. if so just let the vacuum run for a while to clear out any chunks of toner if there are any. Now do the opposite. Replace the toner into the machine and put the vacuum hose inside the machine on the tube end and draw the t7oner all the way through the tube . You will see some toner coming out when its primed.Now reinstall the toner tube back into the pump and see if this works.
    Been there, there is nice sucking action using vac. One thing remaining is toner atractio pump, it has clutch that is likey failed. Royal pain to replace

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    I have done that before also and I dread doing it. I took the toner pump apart and cleaned it . That was a year age and its still going strong.

Thx

It turned out to be the toner attraction pump. Did it without removing the laser unit.
    Thanks everyone for the input

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Dexor View Post
    It turned out to be the toner attraction pump. Did it without removing the laser unit.
    Thanks everyone for the input
    Hi Dexor

I have 3228 that has the same problem. . .

My intentions are to replace the pump but have never done it before. . .

I have researched the process in the SM which says to remove the Laser unit but wondered how you managed to do this without removing the laser unit??

From looking in the machine, there seems to be a metal bracket that hides one of the screws on the pump. . . . . .did you have to remove this?

Thanks!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonbonse View Post
    Hi Dexor

I have researched the process in the SM which says to remove the Laser unit but wondered how you managed to do this without removing the laser unit??

From looking in the machine, there seems to be a metal bracket that hides one of the screws on the pump. . . . . .did you have to remove this?

Thanks!
    Hi,

You can replace the pump without removing the laser unit. The two screws holding the pump can be removed with a long handle screwdriver.

Quote Originally Posted by jonbonse View Post
    Hi Dexor

Thanks!
    If you remove drums/dev units and transport unit plus use good flashlight you will see two screws holding the pump to the rear frame. Didn't see any brackets, but I remember it was rather tricky to see and remove those screws. Don't attempt to remove them unless you've done the following:
    (No need to remove laser, and if not for the small connector that the pump has dangling on the other side you'd be all set. But thanks to Ricoh's engineering genius that connector is the culprit - to access it I had to remove the whole rear side - motors, clutches - don't remember well now):
    - open and swing the motherboard cage, remove all that is necessary to access that connector from the pump - it's but 3 inches long, if that - and it connects with another connector. If you find a way of accessing that joint where the connectors meet - you're home free. I had to remove all that hardware in the back to access it. I didn't clean the pump - I simply used another pump from another machine (it must be exactly the same as they are all different for dif color). You'll get the gist of removing the outflow of toner into waste container, this isn't that hard.
    Last edited by Dexor; 10-24-2011 at 01:05 AM. Reason: incomplete info