Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Aficio 2045 copy quality background after toner change

Thumbs up Aficio 2045 copy quality background after toner change

Customer called with dirty copies after changing toner. Customer responded yes to using generic toner. I told customer to wait until he got new OEM toner(type 3110d) from me and to swap toners and that eventually bad toner in developer unit would be used up and copy quality would return. Customer does decent volume and said he ran over 1000 pages and it started out better but got worse than before until he had greyed out pages and he switched back again to the generic and now just has dirty copies again but not greyed out.
    It may have been coincidental that poor quality started with his putting in the generic toner as he said he has been using generic for a little while now.
    I am thinking of going with developer and cleaning blade(s) for drum and belt. Any advice is very much appreciated. Incidently I changed fuser unit 4 weeks ago. Frank/ActionPhotocopy

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar
    Hi there!
    Very bad luck for the customer! You have to change the Developer and cleaning the whole tonerhopper. Once thereīs "wrong" toner in the game itīs over. Changing of the bladeīs is normaly not necessary, but if the 2045 still had the second blade in the PCU remove it with bearings, springs & clip. Itīs really not necessary.
    Greetings.....

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldaman View Post
    Hi there!
    Very bad luck for the customer! You have to change the Developer and cleaning the whole tonerhopper. Once thereīs "wrong" toner in the game itīs over. Changing of the bladeīs is normaly not necessary, but if the 2045 still had the second blade in the PCU remove it with bearings, springs & clip. Itīs really not necessary.
    Greetings.....
    Zeldaman is right. Change the developer, clean out the toner hopper and go back to OEM toner. All toners are NOT created equal.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I cleaned out drum unit and changed the 2 blades as well as developer and the machine is making great copies(for now). Thanks to all. Frank