Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts kopirmaster's Avatar
    the gears in drum unit are lock,and main motor also lock from reson gears does not move in drum unit,the same drum the same toner in 161 spf makes 60 k ,in 171 spf make 20 k and the gears are broken,and shoes sc 500, i cant find solutions

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    SC 500 on ricoh mp 171 spf

I've never had this problem with these models. If they're OEM then you should warranty them. Check with tech support for any calls they've received on this issue, maybe there was a defective run during manufacturing and only affecting certain markets.

Technician
    I would second teebee1234 never had this problem on these machines from the 1515 right up to 171.

just one copy?? 500+ Posts

Further to my other post in this thread, I have seen a couple of these PCU's fail to automatically initialize dev when a new unit is set. I think they may have been knocked around in transit and the contacts on the drive gears are already disconnected. Also everyone Ive seen lock up the drive has had toner spilling everywhere.

We have sold loads of these lately, I hope I don't have to become a warranty returns expert.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Today one more PCU defective (MP171) with 6000 print.
    Resolt: SC500

Senior Tech 100+ Posts RebelPhoenix's Avatar
    This problem is vary bad. I live this problem (200 machine).

We sell the Ricoh AF1515MF it's good machine. We install the new machine (1515MF) machine work with new drum 80maybe 85K,
    After Ricoh produce the MP161SPF, Some machine work same the airplane. (Polygon mirror motor sound) some machine drum unit fail 45-50K,
    After Ricoh procuce the MP171SPF and I think produce the new drum unit. They are change drum unit.(Quality) Some machine has adress book data error. (Upload the new firmware, SP-5-801-014, SP5-846-050-Clear UCS Setting, Int. All Adress book) some machine work is good some machine not work. It's time We replace the controller board. And machine is work. And I installation a new MP171SPF after the only 5k IT's show the SC-500, Yes it's main motor lock code. But Main motor is work. Trouble source is drum unit. We use the our machine non original toner. I think this face drum unit is fail early. We open the drum unit We show the drum unit gears is fail. We replace the gears after drum unit maybe work 5-10k after dıztt gears is fail. We develop a solution for this trouble. I create a pdf document and share with you.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts RebelPhoenix's Avatar
    I'm too scared. Because Ricoh produce the MP201SPF Now this model shred the gears maybe after the 2K
    I hate the Ricoh, I hate the Ricoh MP161SPF, MP171SPF, MP201SPF,
    I love Ricoh AF-1515MF, I have a machine. Machine counter is 640K. I replace the drum unit 60K machine work. I replace the hotroller, pressure roller, machine work. I don't change the main motor or polygon motor. MAchine is work. He is running record(guinness)

Quote Originally Posted by teebee1234 View Post
    I've never had this problem with these models. If they're OEM then you should warranty them. Check with tech support for any calls they've received on this issue, maybe there was a defective run during manufacturing and only affecting certain markets.
    I jinxed myself, I had an SC500 yesterday on the mp171. PCU was locked tight and some developer leakage out of it. I'll inquire around the office and see if anyone else is having an issue with these.

satia
    Hi,
    Remove the all developer and use half of the developer then you try, may be problem will fix.

Quote Originally Posted by satia View Post
    Hi,
    Remove the all developer and use half of the developer then you try, may be problem will fix.
    You don't rebuild these pcu's, the entire assy is replaced. In any case, removing half of the developer from any unit, any manufacturer will make it non functional.