Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Technician
    ok ok relax now let's go right to the start of the problem, did this problem start after you had changed the feed wheels or before? If you have another machine near by try swapping one complete feed station just to ascertain that it's not coming from probably the clutches on the feed station you'll have to do the process of elimination thoroughly.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh 2105 weird jam problem.

Quote Originally Posted by unlimitedbt View Post
    Gentelman, yes - registration clutch is ok. The problem is 100% that multiple sheets - up to like 5-6 arriving in to registration at once. Yes we tried it with multiple brands - I just got 10 cases of Hammermill - made no difference at all - I hoped it would be at least better - nope
    If you're getting 5-6 at a time, then that's considered block feeding. In that case definitely look at the tech bulletin I posted, adjusting the sep pressure is one possible fix for block feeding (though it's unusual that all the feeds are doing it).

dalesamuels
    Hey man, can you tell me what the jam code is?go into sp7 (data log) plotter jam history, latest jam codes. Did you scotchbrite the feed shafts? make sure bypass feed rollers weren't used because the one-way bearing goes in the opposite direction. If you can get me the jam code. good luck
    Last edited by dalesamuels; 04-21-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Its killing me slowly. I have checked the one-way bearings - they rotate free / grab the shaft in proper direction - it was one of my first ideas, but I don't have second machine to swap the units. I had ordered shaft that feed roller sits on (was like $70 - wow) but haven't changed it as I am being lost which tray to start with. Sep roller has no one-way bearing - it is hardwired via torque limiter, which is new as well. Oh and lately I've got light gray background on edges weed-vise on both sides and changing drum, developer, transport belt, blades, main charge wire/grid did not help at all. I am ready to toss it out of the door and get MP-9000. The only 2 problems with that is installation of so many new parts and I really would love to get MP1100 or higher. I am trying to print 2500 double sided 11x17 and machine won't let me step aside for few min.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Jam code 073

dalesamuels

jam code 073

that is the duplex entrance sensor (staying on)

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Just to confirm, the machine does this when you take multiple single sided copies from an original on the platen glass?

dalesamuels
    and you are still getting 073 jam codes?? are they face down? if they are they are still hitting that entrance sensor in the inverter, run an out put check on that duplex/inverter entrance sensor in SP7-804 or 803. the code is for the sensor staying on, so the paper is lagging or the sensor is faulty or dirty. try running a bunch face up and see if it still jams on you. maybe check any other codes in 'jam by location' the numbers listed corrispond to the codes. But the latest codes are the ones u need to check out. hopefully I'm being helpful. good luck

dalesamuels
    Do u have the gray background on internal prints? (meter sheet) laser window? and sometimes the mag roller gets coated with a film of toner, I usually scotchbrite it, that could cause a background. charge voltage should be about 1500v's see if that's way off, in SP-2's (drum).

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tcs04 View Post
    Just to confirm, the machine does this when you take multiple single sided copies from an original on the platen glass?
    ??? if scanned from the glass, the copies should exit to the finisher proof tray face up. if these don't jam the problem is invertion / duplex related.