Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Ricoh 2105 weird jam problem.

Hi guys, I have Ricoh 2105 that jams out of all trays, any size, not constantly. We have thrown brand new rollers in all trays and it did not help. It is pulling multiple sheets. Waching machine feeding looks like it feeds a sheet, takes one but sep. roller kicks second page back too far and then next feeding step takes several pages at once - it could take up to 4-5 sheets. Is there a speed of Sep roller adjustment or any other solutions please?
    I had sprayed paper with antistatic spray to illuminate excess of static attraction - no real results
    Thank you.

Technician
    Hi have u tried changing the torque limiters on your trays have never worked on this model but I've had similar problems with paper feed caused by torque limiter.

All the best

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Torque limiters are a good shout.But would not expect all trays to go down same time....Check registration sensor for paper dust have had really weird jams in the past with this

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Yeas I have - I forgot to mention - torque limiters are new as well.

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonw View Post
    Torque limiters are a good shout.But would not expect all trays to go down same time....Check registration sensor for paper dust have had really weird jams in the past with this
    Yup agree, what does the SMC logging tell you?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    The only other thing is iv'e had developer drop down on to the paper feed motor that also drives transport rollers up to reg.... from memory it's been a while.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Well it does not just show the jam - 100% definitely it does pull multiple sheets. Sometimes it goes trough and there are white clean sheets in the printed sets. It is not a sensor problem as I had mentioned before - I watched the machine feeding - problem is clear - as it takes top page separation kicks page #2 too far back so next pick-up cycle page#3 is up the leading edge with page#2 still on the top if it so separation mech. prevents page #4 from going in but not page 2...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh 2105 weird jam problem.

Have you tried different paper with the same results? Also, there is a sep pressure adjustment you can try. On the sep shaft is a gear that can be slid back and forth to increase/decrease the pressure, might want to give that a shot.
    There is also a firmware to address multifeeds, though I don't know if it would correct your issue
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    System firmware V2.12.7
    1. Modified for use with Copy Connector Kit.
    2. SC997/SC998 occurs with frequent use of New Job.
    3. The Printer function is given priority when the Copier is set as the priority function.
    4. Modified to further minimize multifeeds for certain paper types.
    5. Paper is stacked in shift tray 2 when center stapling is disabled and the job resumed
    following a center staple End condition.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Attached is also a tech bulletin for the 1105 that addresses block multifeeding, again maybe not quite the same issue but worth a check. It is same feed system so should correlate to the 2105.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by teebee1234; 04-20-2011 at 12:33 AM.

Technician
    Did u check for the paper registration clutch?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Gentelman, yes - registration clutch is ok. The problem is 100% that multiple sheets - up to like 5-6 arriving in to registration at once. Yes we tried it with multiple brands - I just got 10 cases of Hammermill - made no difference at all - I hoped it would be at least better - nope