Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts sharpmind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    404
    Rep Power
    21

    Sc 553 ( mpc2500)

    Guys, my friend has MPC 2500 and it keeps showing an error SC 553. He had already changed the thermistors and thermostats in the fusing unit yet the error occurred again.He had also changed the power supply unit but the problem never rectified. He does not know where the problem comes from. It really breaks his head.

    Any thoughts about this issue?Please help me....


  2. #2
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Sc 553 ( mpc2500)

    teebee1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Northville, MI
    Posts
    1,668
    Rep Power
    45
    • From the manual, the causes could be as follows

    __________________________________________________ ____________________
    SC553
    Heating (pressure) roller fusing lamp overheat 2 (software error)
    The temperature detected by the heating roller thermistor stays at
    230C or more for 1 second.

    • Defective Pressure Roller Thermistor
    • Defective PSU


    • Defective IOB


    • Defective BICU

    __________________________________________________ __________________

    It cauld also be a bad connection between the fusing unit and main machine, try swapping out the fuser first before replacing any boards.


  3. #3
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tuga
    Posts
    122
    Rep Power
    0
    Take the SMC report and see if Approximately one minute after the power is turned on, SC553 after SC991 is displayed.
    The connector between the fusing unit and the main body was cleaned, but the problem reoccurred.
    If so The fusing unit is faulty.
    Replace it and you are done.
    (It happened to me and only solve it replacing the fusing unit. I tryed to change Thermistors. Power supply,... nothing worked. Then i saw this post on TESSA)


  4. #4
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts sharpmind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    404
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by ricoco View Post
    Take the SMC report and see if Approximately one minute after the power is turned on, SC553 after SC991 is displayed.
    The connector between the fusing unit and the main body was cleaned, but the problem reoccurred.
    If so The fusing unit is faulty.
    Replace it and you are done.
    (It happened to me and only solve it replacing the fusing unit. I tryed to change Thermistors. Power supply,... nothing worked. Then i saw this post on TESSA)

    I really appreciate your advice.

    Can you tell me exactly what part in the fusing unit assembly is faulty? We are trying to cut the maintenance cost of the machine as the fusing unit is expensive to order.


  5. #5
    just one copy?? 500+ Posts
    Sc 553 ( mpc2500)

    jonezy999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    959
    Rep Power
    32
    Just cut ya losses and replace the whole thing with a brand new one. I have tried and tried to replace individual parts on these fusers and always had the codes come back. A few more calls to the customer and you wont be saving any money at all, Ya know what time equals.

    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

  6. #6
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tuga
    Posts
    122
    Rep Power
    0
    Yes, Jonezy999 is right.
    It happened to me... tried and tried. Almost made a fuser with part... and no success.
    I understand you but Change the all Fusing Unit. In the end it will be less expensive


  7. #7
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Gothenburg
    Posts
    756
    Rep Power
    23
    Just to be shure: I assume you friend does know that he must reset the sc code within the service mode.


  8. #8
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Sc 553 ( mpc2500)

    teebee1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Northville, MI
    Posts
    1,668
    Rep Power
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    Just to be shure: I assume you friend does know that he must reset the sc code within the service mode.
    That's actually the first question that should have been asked/answered. Sometimes we take it for granted that certain procedures are automatically followed, but every once in awhile it comes back to bite us. Most likely the friend did since it is stated that he replaced components, but true a true troubleshooter would have that on his checklist. Sorta like a pilot doing a preflight, goes through all the steps even it they know it by heart.


  9. #9
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts sharpmind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    404
    Rep Power
    21
    He knows how to reset the error code but it keeps coming back. He did replace the fusing unit but SC 553 keeps showing after some time. He is really upset because he is working on that problem for more than a week now.

    Quote Originally Posted by teebee1234 View Post
    That's actually the first question that should have been asked/answered. Sometimes we take it for granted that certain procedures are automatically followed, but every once in awhile it comes back to bite us. Most likely the friend did since it is stated that he replaced components, but true a true troubleshooter would have that on his checklist. Sorta like a pilot doing a preflight, goes through all the steps even it they know it by heart.



  10. #10
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Sc 553 ( mpc2500)

    teebee1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Northville, MI
    Posts
    1,668
    Rep Power
    45
    I would say the next step is to replace the harness in the main unit.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here