Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Firmware for aficio 2045esp

Hello all,

Please send me the latest firmware for aficio 2045esp. My email ID: thendralnagar@yahoo.com I really appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot.
    Thendral

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Any help here is really appreciated.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

How much are you willing to pay?

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    And which firmware? Ricoh firmware for the AF2045 is divided in : BICU, Controller, Engine, Fax, LCDC, Language, MCTL, MFP Service Card, Net Service Card, or SR790 Finisher.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by manuals4you View Post
    How much are you willing to pay?
    Bartering now are we?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hi Eric1968,

Thanks a lot for your reply. My issue is getting SC990 frequently (changed LD Unit, Drum, charge roller, HDD) as well as it is making dirty copies. so I guess I need everything related to the machine: BICU,Controller,Engine, LCDC, MFP . Even though I would love to get everything, I believe the above are the ones I need immediately.

Thank you,
    Thendral

I doubt firmware will be the fix for the error. The dirty copies will cause it due to not being able to do the process control. You need to correct the dirty copies first, which on this model is probably due to the mag roll shell filmed over. Brush away the developer material from the mag roll, if it looks like it has been painted black you will need to correct it. Remove all of the developer and scrub the mag roll shiny with something like a scotch brite pad, even better to just replace the mag roll itself and then install fresh developer.
    Here is a something from the Knowledge Base that may help also...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Symptom]
    SC 990, SC 322, SC 326, and /or Open Door Indication

SP7-403 Error Log for SC 990 Software Performance Error Details shows eng_procon.c
    LD Power Adjustment SP 2-103 - 1 and 2 read near maximum value of 62, SP 2-103 - 3 and 4 read near maximum value of 32
    SC 322 1st Laser Synchronization error and/or SC 326 2nd laser Synchronization Error
    Open Cover Indication without indicating which cover is open, opening and closing of individual covers gives proper indications.

[Cause]
    Dirty contacts on Upper Right Cover Safety Switches. Toner gets inside the Upper Right Cover Safety Switches, which can lead to lower DC voltage being applied to the Laser Diode. Which leads to:
    SC 990 eng_procon.c (when a normal Grayscale pattern was not detected 15 times consecutively during ID Sensor Grayscale pattern check) check with SP 7403 Service Code History look for Detail in history of SC 990.
    LD Power not being strong enough to be read by Laser Synchronizing Detector causing a SC 322 or 326 depending upon timing.
    5vdc not being fully applied to connector 403 pin 3 on the Laser Diode PCB causing an Open Cover Indication, or 24vdc not being applied fully to connector 107 pin 2 on the PSU PCB causing an Open Cover Indication.

Circuit Explanation: 5vdc (VCCD)is output from connector 403 pin1 of the Laser Diode PCB where it travels through 2 of the Upper Right Cover switches than through 2 of the Front Cover Safety switches before being applied to connector 403 pin 3 of the Laser Diode PCB where it is now used to power the Laser Diode. Lower voltage on pin 3 leads to lower laser diode output which causes the machine to raise LD Power (SP 2-103) when maximum values are reached, laser diode output can not be increased further which can lead to SC 322, SC 326 and/ or SC 990 eng_procon .c. If the voltage drops too low an open door indication is sent to the BICU PCB but a signal is not sent to the IOB PCB which tells the machine which door is open.
    Note: An older Drum more than 150,000 copies can also lead to SC 990 by causing incorrect ID Sensor readings

[Resolution]
    1. Clean the internal contacts or replace Right Door Safety Switches (2 of Part Number 1204 2521 and 1 of Part Number 1204 2529)

1. Clean and vacuum the PCU.
    2. Clean the Toner Shield Glass, Charge Roller and ID Sensor.
    3. Check Service history for Drum Life, if over 150,000 replace Drum (Part Number A230 9510)
    4. Reset SP 2103 -1 thru 4 to defaults.(LD Power Adjustments)
    5. Reset SP 2001-1 to its default. (Charge Roller Bias Adjustment)
    6. Execute SP 3001- 2 (ID Sensor Initial Setting)

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from
    Just Manuals | The Internet's largest selection of manuals | Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

dear teebee1234,

Thanks a lot. I will check on the development roller and let you know.

SC990 is coming from procon.c I cleaned ID sensor. I replaced drum, just did 150K PM. Only thing I did not do is change the developer. I ordered it already expecting it by the end of this week.

Most of the posts I read on the internet points me to update firmware. That was the reason, I asked for the firmware.

Thanks
    Thendral

The number one cause of backgrounding on these models is the mag roll filming over. Over time, the toner breaks down and bonds to the surface, acting as an electrical insulator to the bias voltage on the mag roll. Bias voltage is to "hold back" the toner in weak/non imaged areas. If that is gone then the toner is easily attracted to the drum surface.