Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh Aficio 2090 toner misting and background on copies.

No kidding!

I was especially impressed with how they decided to put the toner bottles at the bottom left corner and see how many different systems they could incorporate to get toner to the upper right corner.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

OK, I went to Lowes and looked at their tubing for about 20 minutes. I wasn't convinced I was looking at the right stuff, so I went on to the customers office to check it out before buying tubing. I Vacuumed out all of the tubing and made sure the pumps were working and the copies cleaned right up. WOOT!

But then the copier threw an SC495. I have not yet done a forum search on that code, but I pulled up the manual and saw this is a toner supply problem. I discovered that the bottom toner bottle was empty and the upper bottle was stuck. I got the upper bottle out, but the plug is stuck in the mechanism. I ran out of time and need to go back.

Are these problems related? I have found your advice to be very helpful...

Thanks!

Robin

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Guess I should've read the manual before making this post. I see I screwed up by not running SP5804 097 (upper bottle) and 098 (lower bottle) to close the caps. I'm not going back to that machine until next week. I thought maybe the customer was growing frustrated with my learning curve, but yesterday he said he was considering cancelling his contract with Ikon on their Canon and having me do that one too.

Still interested in any tips you guys care to share on the SC495 code, after I vacuumed out the tubes...

Thanks!

Robin

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hmmm, was I so silly to have not got the toner hopper sensor plugged back in correctly. Would that cause the sc495 code after a few hundred copies?

Doh!

Robin

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The sc495 is common when you replace the hoses. Run SP 2207 a few times to fill the hoses with toner. Just an FYI - cleaning the hoses is usually only a short term bandaid. The vinyl hoses are stiffer than the OEM which makes them a little more awkward to route, but I used to get the 100' spools for the price of 1 OEM hose.

Another way to release the toner bottles is to hold down the soft On/Off switch untill you hear a click.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks techsass, now that I've had the system all torn down and cleaned up I'll feel more comfortable picking out the vinyl hoses and replacing them. I also read about SP 2207 in the manual and was wondering if that was what I needed to do. Once again, thanks for your help.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Just wanted to send an update, I replaced all the tubing with clear vinyl 1/4" ID like Techsass suggested and it worked. It took some time getting all the clumped toner out of the system and it threw a couple of 495 codes before it eventually evened back out and has been running great.

Techsass and all the others who offered tips, you guys rock!

Thanks.

Robin