Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    mgarretson

Angry Ricoh 2090 SC819 Code

I have a Ricoh 2090 with an SC819 error code when I try to update the firmware. I called Tech Support and they said to try the boot rom SD card, that is suposed to rewrite the boot rom. I have since tried a different SD card, 2 hard drives, and I overnighted the Controller ($1836.00) today. It only gives the code when I try to update the Firmware.

Update: I have replaced the Controller, and the code is gone, now it won't read the SD Card at all...
    Last edited by mgarretson; 08-09-2007 at 10:20 PM. Reason: updated

mgarretson

Talking

Turns out my SD card was the problem all the time. I was trying a 1 gb and a 2gb. They were too big for the machine to recognize. the machine will recognize up to 256MB. I finally got a hold of a tech support person that knew what he was doing.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Scott_Lewis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mgarretson View Post
    Turns out my SD card was the problem all the time. I was trying a 1 gb and a 2gb. They were too big for the machine to recognize. the machine will recognize up to 256MB. I finally got a hold of a tech support person that knew what he was doing.
    Oops, I've been using a 512mb SD card on my MP7500. So far it seems to have not been a problem when doing a download/upload. Have not tried it for F/W updating. Wonder if the newer machine can recognize the larger memory. I'll just have to get ahold of a smaller SD card.

Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by Scott_Lewis; 08-14-2007 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Clarify usage.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh 2090 SC819 Code

Quote Originally Posted by mgarretson View Post
    Sorry guy's but all I use is a 1gig card. Works quite well. Try formatting your card with the sd card format app that ricoh recommends.
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

mgarretson

Thumbs up

Tech support said 512MB might work, but he knew the 256 would. Radio Shack had 256MB for $5.99

Service Manager 250+ Posts FRIDGEMAGNET's Avatar
    I have been using a 1GB on all the current models. Only time I had a problem was when I tried it with about 300MB of photos.....OOps.
    The copier has to read the complete card and if there is too much on it it can give SC670 or not work at all!

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh 2090 SC819 Code

Quote Originally Posted by FRIDGEMAGNET View Post
    I have been using a 1GB on all the current models. Only time I had a problem was when I tried it with about 300MB of photos.....OOps.
    The copier has to read the complete card and if there is too much on it it can give SC670 or not work at all!
    Ditto that, I've had firmware for 4 or 5 models on 1 card and found that didn't work. But no problem with the 1 gig.
    Mystic Crystal Revelations