Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    roope

DSc224 firmware update?

Hi,

I am missing some of the documented features on a Gestetner DSc224 I am administrating. Is it possible to do a firmware update on this machine (according to the web interface the version is 2.07.3) ?

Where do I find firmware updates?
    How do I update?

Thanks in advance.

/Robert

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    What features is it missing?
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

roope
    Thanks for your reply!
    I am a beginner at this so I could be totally wrong, but the features I am missing is "Scan to FTP" and/or "Scan to Folder". We´re going to digitize all of our documents so that feature would be nice to have.

I can enable FTP in the web interface but there´s no way to setup ftp server etc. I have no Adressbook in web interface either but I can access it in Smart Device Monitor for Admins but no settings for FTP there.

Any ideas? Thanks again.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    You have to login as admin for the address book to become visible. It's also accessible from User Tools / System Settings / Key Operator tools on the machine itself. I can't remember whether these things can do scan to FTP, but they definitely can do scan to folder and email. The address book entry that you create has to have the SMB folder path and the username and password input into the Auth Info section. Have a look on Ricoh's website for the Scanner Reference Manual for this machine, that'll tell you all you need to know.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    DSc224 firmware update?

TM is right about accessing the address book but I am afraid there is no FTP or SMB (folder) sharing on this old dog. E mail only. Of course there is always TWAIN (32 bit only)

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    DSc224 firmware update?

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama46 View Post
    TM is right about accessing the address book but I am afraid there is no FTP or SMB (folder) sharing on this old dog. E mail only. Of course there is always TWAIN (32 bit only)
    Or scanrouter if brave enough to tackle it.