Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Archiving of sent faxes

Archiving of sent faxes

ok, we all know by now that GW machines can forward received faxes. But my question now is this:

- Is it possible to forward SENT faxes in order to make an archive of those?
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts
    Using a workflow in GlobalScan can do that.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Archiving of sent faxes

I've done this a few months back on an MPC3000, but for the life of me I can't remember the exact process. It was in fax user tools and the function name wasn't obvious. The customer wanted fax forwarding and sent faxes archived and I was able to do it. I'll look it up in a bit and get back unless someone else post the answer sooner.

Technician
    I believe most machines can save a backup copy of the transmitted file. Check the facsimile reference of the model to see if it has that feature. From the facsimile reference of the Savin C2828:
    Backup File TX Setting
    You can specify whether or not to send to a selected folder the backup of a file sent by Memory Transmission.
    By setting [Backup File TX Setting] to [On] and selecting the destination folder, you can automatically send to the selected folder the backup of a file sent by Memory Transmission using the machine's control panel, Web Image Monitor, DeskTopBinder, or LAN-Fax.
    Select the destination folder for the backup file from the address book.
    The default setting is Off.

Archiving of sent faxes

Quote Originally Posted by chaunce54 View Post
    I believe most machines can save a backup copy of the transmitted file. Check the facsimile reference of the model to see if it has that feature. From the facsimile reference of the Savin C2828:
    Can't find anything that would suggest that. The machine in question is an MP201SPF (successor of the MP171SPF). As far as I can tell, it does everything its bigger sibblins do but this - which I didn't even imagined was possible until now.

Can someone confirm this to me please?
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

Archiving of sent faxes

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    Can't find anything that would suggest that. The machine in question is an MP201SPF (successor of the MP171SPF). As far as I can tell, it does everything its bigger sibblins do but this - which I didn't even imagined was possible until now.

Can someone confirm this to me please?
    Slight update: I need this done on the MP201SPF and the MP2851 with the fax option.

Cheers!
    Mascan42

Ibid

Archiving of sent faxes

Looks like Chaunce54 is correct, you can do it for the 2851, not sure about the 201. From the OP manual....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sending to E-mail/Folder Destinations
    This machine uses its fax function to send scanned documents over the network to computers.

Specify an e-mail address or the path to the destination folder.

You can send the same document to an e-mail destination, folder destination, fax number, IP-Fax destination, and Internet Fax destination simultaneously. If you specify a destination fax number (of another party's fax machine) and a destination folder on your computer at the same time, you can view the sent document on your computer.
    When sending to e-mail/folder destinations, you can select PDF or TIFF as the file type of the document you are sending.

Important
    • To send to e-mail/folder destinations, this machine must be connected to a LAN and set up correctly
    in “System Settings”.
    • To send e-mail documents, set [E-mail Setting] to [On] in the Facsimile Features menu, under Initial Settings. See “Facsimile Features”, General Settings Guide.
    • To send to folder destinations, set [Folder Setting] to [On] in the Facsimile Features menu, under Initial Settings. See “Facsimile Features”, General Settings Guide.

Note
    • Black and white images are sent in the same way as standard fax transmissions.
    • To send to a folder destination, you must first register the path for the folder in the Address Book. You cannot enter the path manually on the standby display.
    • To use an e-mail address registered in the Address Book as an e-mail destination, specify “Use E-mail Address for” for [E-mail / Internet Fax Destination].
    • In this manual, “IP address” covers both IPv4 and IPv6 environments. Read the instructions that are relevant to the environment you are using.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    From the General Settings Guide (what Chaunce54 stated)
    Backup File TX Setting
    You can specify whether or not to send to a selected folder the backup of a file sent by Memory Transmission.
    By setting [Backup File TX Setting] to [On] and selecting the destination folder, you can automatically send to the selected folder the backup of a file sent by Memory Transmission using the machine's control panel, Web Image Monitor, or LAN-Fax.
    Select the destination folder for the backup file from the address book.
    The default setting is Off.
    If you set [Backup File TX Setting] to [On] but the Backup File TX fails, the machine automatically prints a backup file TX communication failure report.
    The backup file format will be the same as that specified for files forwarded to folder destinations.
    Using the parameter settings (switch: 21, bit: 3), select TIFF or PDF as the format for sending a file.
    The format is factory-preset to TIFF.
    Using the parameter settings, you can specify the redial interval (switch: 35, bits: 0-7) and the maximum number of redials (switch: 36, bits: 0-7). The redial interval is factory-preset to 15 minutes; the maximum number of redials, to 192.
    Using the parameter settings, (switch: 37, bit: 0) you can specify whether to stop sending a backup file if the destination folder becomes full while the machine is sending or waiting to send a fax or the backup file.
    1. Press [Facsimile Features].
    2. Press [Send Settings].
    3. Press [Backup File TX Setting].
    4. Press [On].
    If there is a folder already programmed, a folder name is shown. If you want to change the folder, press [Folder] and proceed to step 5.
    5. Specify a folder for back up, and then press [OK].
    The folder name is shown to the right of [Folder].
    6. Press [OK].
    7. Press the [User Tools/Counter] key.

Archiving of sent faxes

Nice, thanks! I assumed the 201 and the 2851, albeit two different beasts, would do roughly the same things since they're both GW controllers and fairly recent. I never checked the 2851 manual, but I'll pass on this info to my colleague who's taking care of that matter.

Cheers!
    Mascan42

Ibid

Archiving of sent faxes

If the customer faxes from their desktop using LAN fax, they can select 'Save and Send' in the send options and choose a folder on the PC/network to save it to. Doesn't look like anyway to do it directly from the device.