Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Ricoh 3224c yellow toner set error

Hey guys,

I have a client who has a Ricoh 3224c (I know I know...) with about 11k copies on it. They use generic toner in this machine (a big no no) and now the yellow toner says that it's not set properly. They ordered a new yellow toner and the same thing happened again with no change.

Here are the things that I've done. I cleaned the optical sensors in the development unit. I checked and made sure that the developer has toner in it (it does). I made sure that the augers turn when the machine is adding toner (it does). I made sure that all gears in the developer unit are working as they should (they do). I made sure that the connectors all have 4.6-5.0 volts coming from the distribution board (they do). I tried swapping the cyan and yellow developer connectors and it still screams for the yellow to be replaced. No matter which connector I connect to the yellow, it still says to replace the yellow toner.

I am at a loss here... Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
    CompTia A+ Certified
    CompTia Net+ Certified
    CompTia Server+ Certified
    CompTia Project+ Certified
    OP Scanshare Certified

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Masterchief's Avatar
    You swapped the connectors?? Do you mean the Dev cartridge i.e remove toner from dev cartridge and swap with another colour

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Yes, that is what I did. I took the toner out of the development unit and held it onto a different connector with the same results.
    CompTia A+ Certified
    CompTia Net+ Certified
    OP Scanshare Certified

Toner Issue

Quote Originally Posted by ZeusGT View Post
    Hey guys,

I have a client who has a Ricoh 3224c (I know I know...) with about 11k copies on it. They use generic toner in this machine (a big no no) and now the yellow toner says that it's not set properly. They ordered a new yellow toner and the same thing happened again with no change.

Here are the things that I've done. I cleaned the optical sensors in the development unit. I checked and made sure that the developer has toner in it (it does). I made sure that the augers turn when the machine is adding toner (it does). I made sure that all gears in the developer unit are working as they should (they do). I made sure that the connectors all have 4.6-5.0 volts coming from the distribution board (they do). I tried swapping the cyan and yellow developer connectors and it still screams for the yellow to be replaced. No matter which connector I connect to the yellow, it still says to replace the yellow toner.

I am at a loss here... Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
    You might try this to see if you can release the error::
    Replace toner, or set SP5-051-001: Refill toner panel display from 0 (active; default) to 1 (inactive), which will prevent the ""Independent-supply toner has been set"" message from being displayed.

However, after changing the setting, the device must be switched off and then on again, or the changed setting will not take effect.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Nice!

Thank you very much... I will try that and see how that works out. So if the client installs a generic set of toner, the machine will not function if SP5-051-001 is set to 0?
    CompTia A+ Certified
    CompTia Net+ Certified
    OP Scanshare Certified

Will show ""Independent-supply toner has been set""

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

hmmmmm... ok,

Someone must have already set that one to 1 because it doesn't flash that at the top of the screen. Do you guys think if I replace the developer unit that would make any difference?
    CompTia A+ Certified
    CompTia Net+ Certified
    OP Scanshare Certified