Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

Ricoh 1224c and ScanRouter v2 problems

Hi
    I'm very new to this; bought my used Ricoh yesterday.

I want to setup the scan to PC features, and have installed Scanrouter v2 (on my Windows 7 pc) and the program runs ok.

PROBLEM 1- On the PC, Clicking the "RESUME SERVICE" button has no effect
    2- On the RICOH - the "update delivery server destination list" fails.

I've setup the Ricoh's IP address in Scanrouter, and the Ricoh correctly 'sees' my DEsktop PC.

The error log in Scanrouter says "launch of scanner driver has failed".

As mentioned above, it Scanrouter says "service suspended" - and won't start.

It looks like I'm getting close...can anyone help me over the line?

Thanks in advance,

D

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    scanrouter usually does not work on W7, it is only supported up to XP.

Did you set the IP address of the Delivery Server on the Ricoh? It is done in SP mode, 5-845-02

Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar
    Sorry to say you´ve just bought yourself loads of problems as a print engine try using it as a scanner only or try to sell it again while it still work, first time you need a Tech most certainly will cost you the price you payed for the machine, next up scanrouter must be setup in Windows XP.
    I promise you you´ll never forget my Nickname.
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh 1224c and ScanRouter v2 problems

Ditto on not working with W7, your best bet is to get an old pc and put XP on it and use that as the scanrouter server. That being said, on install you should have set it up to run in service mode. Also, try turning off any firewall and antivirus to test connection (pretty common, generally you will need to add an exception for the mfp). If you need to uninstall, it's not entirely as straightforward as selecting uninstall. Here is a procedure to fully uninstall (though I've never messed with the registry when I've done it)......

ScanRouter V2 Lite Manual Program Removal Procedure
    Details
    I'm at a point where ScanRouter will not uninstall or reinstall. Scan Router is looking for a distutil.dll file. What can be done?
    Answer The following removal procedure will delete a certain registry entry and folders created by ScanRouter to allow re-install.
    IMPORTANT! Please backup entire Windows registry and proceed with extreme caution.

1. Suspend ScanRouter services by using one of the following 3 methods:
    -Launch ScanRouter V2 Administration Utility, select server, then select suspend services. Close ScanRouter administrator utility.
    -Go to start button/programs/startup folder to delete the delivery server shortcut. Once shortcut is deleted, restart PC and move on to step 3.
    -Disable all ScanRouter services called DDS Scheduler Daemon, ScanRouterDriverV2, Ridoc Information Service, SOption, and POption. Right click on each service, select properties, then change setting from automatic to disabled.

2. Delete the RDS folder located under Program Files and RDCAB folder located under the root directory usually c:\rdcab. Caution! Both RDS and RDCAB folders are used by both ScanRouter and DeskTopBinder, so skip this step if DeskTopBinder program and data are still needed.

3. Launch Windows registry to edit the following key location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall\{387D6CC5-6D6C-4BA0-8EAF-955813BFC5D8} Caution! Make sure "DisplayName" value equal to "ScanRouter V2 Lite" before deleting. The ScanRouter V2 Lite installation ID is in red. If you cannot find the installation ID {387D6CC5-6D6C-4BA0-8EAF-955813BFC5D8}, please locate a similar installation ID which must have a "DisplayName" value equal to "ScanRouter V2 Lite". .
    Once the "Display Name" is equal to "ScanRouter V2 Lite" delete it.
    Notes: This procedure works for software installed as either "Launch at Startup" or "Run in service mode". Users who isntalled ScanRouter as "Launch from Program Folder" can skip step 1. The procedure is the same for all operation systems. If needed, reinstall ScanRouter V2 Lite.

Technician
    Hi thanks all for those tips.
    John - yes the IP is set up (dunno about 'sp mode') - the ip is ok and the desktop has successfully 'pushed' the desktop pc's IP to the Ricoh.

Perhaps the problem is just the win 7 issue.

IMind - yikes I hope the 1224 is not as bad as u say! the printer works great from any pc on my network , b/w or color. Although paper jams have ocurred...

Thanks teebee, I think I know what you mean , will have a look. Someone else suggested getting an old pc and linking up via a Crossover Cat5 cable for an easy (is it?) solution.

Chees again , d

Cheers , d

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar
    I couldn't even get the ScanRouter software run on a fully updated/patched XP machine once - even with each and every security/firewall feature set to disabled testwise.

Using a discrete PC with XP (SP2) or Win2000 seems to be the only stable way to get this outdated software up and running.

And I agree to iMind's general comments about this machine - many techs are chased by nightmares thanks to this major POS^^

Technician
    Hi, well thanks all...predictably I'm not up and running...

I'm now ebaying for an old laptop - do you think this will give me the capability to Scan from Ricoh 1224c direct to the 'new' laptop - -and then on to my 3-PC network. My network is Windows 7 - does it matter whether the old laptop is Win7 or XP?

Finally, regarding this copier/printer generally, I'm getting the message that it's not too good a machine. This surprises me , as it is great for me as copier, with duplex & lots trays. OK It's a bit wishy-washy as a colour printer but it's ok for my usage in that regard.

What type of problems gave you Tech guys nightmares?

I got it from a Dealer and I DO still have the chance to swap it out with him for another machine...is there a type that IS recommended? (I paid about £300 for the Ricoh).

My biggest priority (as well as copy) is easy networking and Scan to network .

Thanks again

D

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar
    300 Pounds is quite cheap for a A3 capable color multifunctional machine - I don't see any alternatives that comes even close to this price region. So I think it's OK if you use it just occasionally (no high volume) and don't expect much from the quality.

On the other hand I think it's unlikely that you got a machine for 300 bucks that has been maintained with new PM parts recently, that's why it could be a bad bargain but that's hard to tell without knowing the total counter and service history (maybe you can look this up/request it from the dealer?)

@laptop:

You can definetly use an XP laptop to scan on it and share the targer folder(s) with the rest of the network. It might even be possible to create the target folders on your windows 7 machines and set these as targets within the ScanRouter software running on the XP laptop so that it's just acting to "push through" the scanned files. I haven't tried it but I assume it should work.

Technician
    Hi, thanks again - that route looks the way to go - am I right in thinking that I will need to use a 'crossover' ethernet cable?

D

Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar
    Setup scan to email no software required.
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound