Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johana View Post
    sounds like your Power supply unit is gone,happens all the time on that model
    theres a long time fixe for that, just change the diode.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomama46 View Post
    Paul, how about putting up a banner ad and stay the hell out of the forums!Your spam is very annoying and distracting.
    I agree plus I think it's not really OK to rip off money with copyright infringements at all or does he have official agreements with the manufacturer? Doesn't really matter because this should be a place where techs can help each other out - I'n never point somebody to a site that's probably selling SM illegaly.

@topic:

It's most definetly the PSU - I tried to fix the broken one with a new diode, didn't worked for me - probably there was more stuff blown in that specific case but it's worth a try before buying a pricey PWB.

TechSpec456
    If you can browse into the machine, check if a polygon mirror error is displayed. If it is you need to replace the polygon & possibly also the PSU

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MPC 3500 DEAD! only main powe led on

Quote Originally Posted by iMind View Post
    theres a long time fixe for that, just change the diode.
    OK, so where are you getting the diode from? The last time I checked they were not available through the electronic parts shops and the only guy I found on line was in Tiawan and he would only deal with me if I brought 10,000 of them.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Customer Service Engineer Pandy's Avatar
    Speaking of hookers, Paul you're annoying the hell out of people.
    "I can get along with everybody, some people I can get along with and some I can get along without" --My Grandfather

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    OK, so where are you getting the diode from? The last time I checked they were not available through the electronic parts shops and the only guy I found on line was in Tiawan and he would only deal with me if I brought 10,000 of them.
    It can be ordered as a part (AZ240150). It's in the tech bulletin on the same post you quoted from iMind.

AZ24 0150 comes up in my Ricoh Dealer Parts List as a complete power supply.
    I didn't think Ricoh delt in fiddly little parts like a single diode.

I double checked and that is the part number for the diode on the 220v PSU. Can you check the cost, it should show a low price for that part (at least in relation to the entire PSU). The part number I have listed for the EU/AA PSU is AZ24 0110 (NA is AZ24 0109). And normally yes, Ricoh wouldn't supply an individual part like this. But being that this part has a high failure, it's a lot cheaper just replace this component using the skills that a field tech has (big enough to get our fat fingers on and soldering 3 points. A smaller component or surface mount would necessitate replacing the entire power supply I'm sure).

Hmm, I think there is a bit of a problem with the original Ricoh RTB that iMind quoted.
    My Spare Parts Manual tells me that I need a AZ24 0110 PSU cct bd but there is a link to a Mod Bulletin, MB222055, that says that PSU has been up graded and its new number is AZ24 0150. Also the the price list says a AZ24 0150 is worth $600. No mention of a diode anywere.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts neergish's Avatar
    A little bit to the left of the centre of the known universe.
    Im a hunting a couple of the diodes as well. AZ24 0110 has been superceeded by AZ24 0150 (POWER SUPPLY UNIT:494W:EU/AA:A) on our parts list. What does ricoh descibed the diode as, might be able to find it through that.
    "See if you can rent a spring hook and a phillips screwdriver it will make your life that much easier..."