Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Unhappy Gestetner MP4001 Add Toner Probem

Anybody please help. The machine just automatically displays add toner message after turning on the machine. It don't initialize. All the motors are working fine, toner supply unit is okey. I replaced new development unit and IO board but still the same problem. I tried force toner supply and even initializing the developer but it don't work, the machine just says failed. The machine only has 80,000 copies and under warranty. Anybody has the same experience? Please I need your help badly. Thanks in advance.

Hair Straightener Tech 500+ Posts rsyarcia's Avatar
    check the toner hopper(MYLARS)
    Nobody is perfect..

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    the mylar is ok..is there any other cause of this problem? thanks for the suggestion...

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Are you getting any readings from the TD sensor in SP mode? There was a firmware release for the machine coming up with "Failed" on developer initialisation. Try switching off the toner end condition in SP mode, it's SP3045. Set it to 1, then reboot. See if there are any error codes or cover open conditions hiding.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Gestetner MP4001 Add Toner Probem

This may be a stupid question, but. Is it genuine ricoh toner? Is it the right bottle? I've had this problem when people have put 3045 toner in by mistake. The bottles look the same but the cut outs for the motor are different. Also make sure that there is only one cap in he bottle. I've seen a customer force one cap into the bottle and have a second one sitting just perfectly on top. I still don't know how they did that.
    Totoro

Had exactly the same problem last week. Customer had found a bottle of 3045 toner at the back of a cupboard so they fitted it. Had to strip the entire toner supply/dev unit, clean all the crap off the dev roller, re-dev and setup. Machine works fine now. Also found the mechanism for opening the cap in the bottle unit can get clogged and stick. You think the bottles in ok but no toner flows to the dev unit.