Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Isn't the feed/paper tray identical to the Russian? There's a sneaky mylar in front of the feed roller which can get flipped under the roller. Doesn't cause a jam or any feed probs but makes one hell of a noise.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    There are modified friction pads out for this fault, as well as a mylar sponge thing that sits on the top of the lower paper trays. The friction pads are cork instead of urethane and stop the "mooing" noise the Diana makes on feeding. The feed system on these machines is identical to the Kir and Parisian.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    That is what i mean rsyarcia.
    I dont see the point of joke and make fun of it.

And like rav said, not all have english as native language... I know that my english is not so good.

Again I insist. Takes off spring and you will see.

Apologies from all to you and your bunghole. I'm sure there's an ointment to help you get over it. Just follow the instructions and you'll be fine.

Hair Straightener Tech 500+ Posts rsyarcia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tonnerboy View Post
    That is what i mean rsyarcia.
    I dont see the point of joke and make fun of it.

And like rav said, not all have english as native language... I know that my english is not so good.

Again I insist. Takes off spring and you will see.
    I am just asking if how long will it takes a friction pad without a spring ( to avoid paper jam).I dont mean anything i am just clarifying. Ok i accept you are the best.
    Nobody is perfect..

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MPC 2550 While feeding paper from tray 1 sound

You might also check the registration buckle adjustment. I ran into a similar situation in a class on the D037 - D029 series. It got adjusted in one of the labs and made a noise without jamming out of Tray 1, but not Tray 2.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Apologies from all to you and your bunghole. I'm sure there's an ointment to help you get over it. Just follow the instructions and you'll be fine.
    Something I'm missing? lol
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MPC 2550 While feeding paper from tray 1 sound

Quote Originally Posted by tonnerboy View Post
    Obviously I was referring to the tension spring....
    Later, with time I replace the tension spring and the friction pad.

Teebee, have you haver tryed to do that? It will not jam. of course I did not leave that for long time...
    The MP171 makes the same noise and after you take of the tension spring the noise is gone...

One more thing, I'm new in this world of copy.
    I've learned a lot here and also I've seen a lot of stupidity. When I see something that I do not agree, i do not apply what was said.
    I'm sure that most of the people are giving what they have and wants to help . Of course some have more to give ...
    I agree with you it would probably work for a bit without the spring, but of course not long term. The way you presented your idea gave me the impression that you meant it wasn't a necessary component and I was trying to have fun with you. I apologize for any insult and appreciate your contributions and don't want to offend you or anyone else. I too learn from these threads and have on occasion posted suggestions that were wrong. Again, sorry for being a smartass.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I was not upset. It's okay. Also is good to play with serious things.

I have one MPC2050 without the spring for one month and does not jam. The customer is far... lol.
    I have to go there to put a new spring and a friction pad...