Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

how to clean or maintain the 2035 aficio mag roller(biuldup toner inside it)?

my mag roller is dirty and i try to clean it with a brass brush, but my problem still exist .
    two strip of spot on the copy is appeared and bad mag roller impaired the above specified(two strip close to one side of charge roller) drum surface ?
    if you suggest to resolve this problem by cleaning mag roller please explain your how-to(clean or blow with which material is best)
    if otherwise i decided to change mag roller with new one
    how much money is worth this part in the market as a seprate?(mag roller)
    i missed filter dev

Technician 50+ Posts
    Its not really good to clean mag rollers with brass brushes and scratch pads. Especially the newer coated mag rollers. Your problems will always return. If the buildup is really thick or bad on the rollers then its best to replace the mag rollers with a new one. If you do order the newer mag rollers for the 2035 they substitute them with the rollers used in the MP3500 which is a coated roller and using anything abrasive will remove the coating on them and result in poor performance. What is the condition of the drum unit? Normally when you change developer its during a PM on that machine because its a good machine. I only see those during PM cycles so when I work on the development unit I PM drum, transfer and everything else. PMB297150K is a great kit because it gives the drum and the newer style thermistors. You just need to get your own fusing cleaning roller with this kit. AE042039 instead of the black one works better.

Technician
    I clean mag rollers on MP3500s with acetone. Seems to do the trick.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    how to clean or maintain  the 2035 aficio mag roller(biuldup toner inside it)?

Be careful not to break the bottom of the pcu cover.! Again!

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    all right