Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

2027 cant use scanner

have any setting for Af2027 to use scanner. sometime ok and sometimes i cant browse network. check ip address, gateway and subnet mask everything ok. when i use ip number can search pc. if manual cant search.. someone can help to solve this.. tq in advance.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    2027 cant use scanner

Check and make sure the DNS is correct on the 2027. Also, what operating system are you scanning to?

Technician
    windows 7 64-bit. icheck already the dns everything ok.. network connectivity also no problem. but sometimes cant search and sometimes ok.. is this is machine problem or network?

Hair Straightener Tech 500+ Posts rsyarcia's Avatar
    check the connection of your network(cables and the connectors). YOu can try to use crossed cable to isolate the problem.
    Nobody is perfect..

Technician
    u meant cross cable? thats meant i just connect machine direct to pc? i didnt try it before. how about the setting?should i change everything?

yes, connect the machine directly to your laptop/desktop. you have to put an static ip address on each device.just try it.
    Nobody is perfect..

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    2027 cant use scanner

I believe W7 is your problem, if youre scanning to a server you can try falling back to SMB1. But a better solution is to find an older box and scan to it. W7 changed a lot of the protocol data and Ricoh will not be updating that firmware.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar
    Got to agree with Jomama: as reliable as a 2027 is it won't support name resolution scanning to Windows 7 or server 2008 thanks to the higher level NTLM version. Your only choices are scan to email, or scanning directly to an older machine. Depending on the version of Windows 7 and permissions available you could try scanning to a share folder in XP Mode, but you'll have to change the network type to have the machine show up as an individual workstation on the network, and to be able to add to the domain.

in dsm 627 we are able to set up scan to folder to a windows 7(32 bit) professional, ultimate. but in starter,basic and home basic we have problem.
    Nobody is perfect..

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    2027 cant use scanner

Maybe you are scanning in XP mode which is not available in Starter, Home or Basic.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+