Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Lead Technician 50+ Posts
    Printing/Scanning from/to Media - PictBridge Required?

edit: Ignore the PictBridge part, I was confused to what I was talking about.

I can get loading the firmware to support it, but could I not just plug in a thumb drive/SD card into the USB/SD ports on the machine itself for printing and scanning?
    I see the convenience of having a USB and SD port at the front of the machine, but is there actual function within that unit? Does it not just plug straight into the USB port on the back of the machine anyway?

I am just curious about this, I'm going to get the customer the USB/SD unit either way because I wouldn't want them messing around the back of the machine with the finisher.

If it depends on the model or what not, it's an LD528C/Aficio MPC2800/D023/etc.
    Last edited by Jaxom; 06-08-2011 at 09:14 PM.
    Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Hair Straightener Tech 500+ Posts rsyarcia's Avatar
    in mpc2800 you can enable scan to usb flash drive from the Scanner SP. then you can directly scan to it. but you can not print from it(flash drive) since it is not supported by that model. In MPC4501 and other model mostly ending with 1, printing from usb is possible.
    Nobody is perfect..

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar
    PictBridge merely enables a user to print directly from a digital camera. The scan/print from media functions are a different beast altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxom View Post
    I don't really understand the PictBridge concept. I can get loading the firmware to support it, but could I not just plug in a thumb drive/SD card into the USB/SD ports on the machine itself for printing and scanning?
    I see the convenience of having a USB and SD port at the front of the machine, but is there actual function within that unit? Does it not just plug straight into the USB port on the back of the machine anyway?

I am just curious about this, I'm going to get the customer the PictBridge unit either way because I wouldn't want them messing around the back of the machine with the finisher.

If it depends on the model or what not, it's an LD528C/Aficio MPC2800/D023/etc.
    Yes you can directly plug a flash drive on the USB port on the side of the machine it will work without the USB/SD card slot option.
    Nobody is perfect..

I guess I am just really confused about what is required for USB/SD printing. Or maybe just screwing up what I'm asking.
    So, I got the SPF model and the customer wants to print pictures saved to their camera's SD memory card.
    Do I have to have both the USB2.0/SD Slot Type A and Camera Direct Print Card Type G to do this? Or None of them, or one of them but not necessarily the other one?

Quote Originally Posted by rsyarcia View Post
    Yes you can directly plug a flash drive on the USB port on the side of the machine it will work without the USB/SD card slot option.
    Great, thanks for clearing that part up.

Camera Direct Print Card Type G. I think this is the card type for the pictbridge so this can do without the USB/SD slot option. The USB/SD slot option is not needed but it can simplify the process since you dont need to go to the side of the machine.
    Nobody is perfect..

Copier Gawd 50+ Posts
    the machine must also have the PS3 or PDF direct print SD card option installed to print from usb or sd card media.
    for picbridge the camera itself must support pictbridge. select the picture to be printed on the camera menu and press print. IMO it is alot easier to just upload the pictures to a computer and send the print job,

Quote Originally Posted by Mess View Post
    the machine must also have the PS3 or PDF direct print SD card option installed to print from usb or sd card media.
    for picbridge the camera itself must support pictbridge. select the picture to be printed on the camera menu and press print. IMO it is alot easier to just upload the pictures to a computer and send the print job,
    in mpc2800 there is no option for printing from SD/USB flash drives but you can scan. yes it is better to upload those pictures from the pc then print it. but i depends on the needs of the customer
    Nobody is perfect..

Copier Gawd 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rsyarcia View Post
    in mpc2800 there is no option for printing from SD/USB flash drives but you can scan. yes it is better to upload those pictures from the pc then print it. but i depends on the needs of the customer
    quite right, i forgot we were talking about a 2800