Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Angry SR790 jamming on mpc400

hi all
    im having a little problem where if only a 2 sheet job is sent to the finisher it works fine but anymore than that then it will jam, a4 and a4-r do exactly the same whereas a3 seems to work fine, also if i do 10 copies of a 2 sheet job that works fine too
    any ideas would be greatly appreciated
    regards
    ben

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    Try updating the firmware.
    the savin2535 is displaying well bet the hiter lamp is not shining and the lamp had been tested o.k.please kindly help.
    Samir: No, not again. I... why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to God, one of these days, I just kick this piece of shit out the window.
    Michael Bolton: You and me both, man. That thing is lucky I'm not armed.

Technician 50+ Posts
    I have ran into problems with that finisher and belt tension. Loosen the screws on the tensioners and let the spring apply tension to them then tighten them again. To troubleshoot further use your finger to adjust the pressure on the belts and then adjust accordingly. Belt tension can cause strange jamming problems on these finishers and the next one up for this machine.

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts
    The lowermost paper guide has defects that routinely need filed smooth. It is the upper portion that pivots up for jam removal. Take it out and file the ribs smooth, you'll see a ridge from manufacture. Before reinstalling, put a little silicone oil on the lover part of the guide assembly (for anti-static purposes). Also as above adjust the belt tension. One more thing, the front staple tray guide 'the jogger' can become broken and therefore sloppy and will not move properly, check that too. It cracks and the bushing comes out.

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    put a little silicone oil on the lover part of the guide assembly (for anti-static purposes).

Zed, this is a G rated website....lol

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ucinn View Post
    put a little silicone oil on the lover part of the guide assembly (for anti-static purposes).

Zed, this is a G rated website....lol
    Whoops! Wrong word, but it is apparently spelled correctly. Please read as 'lower'