Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Gestetner dsc525 With SC792

I have a Gestetner dsc525 in my shop With a SC792.
    Can someone tell me how to get into service mode and disable the finisher?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar
    Not sure what the Gestetner model translates to, but for most of the newer machines to disable the finisher you need to not only unplug the finisher from the machine, but also remove the bridge unit. The new logic works in a way that if the machine has a bridge unit, it looks for a finisher and if it doesn't see one it will code.

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    To disable the finisher all you need to do is power down the machine and disconnect the external finisher plug. You will still have the SC792 though as it indicates the finisher is not present but has a bridge installed. Is the finisher plugged in?
    the savin2535 is displaying well bet the hiter lamp is not shining and the lamp had been tested o.k.please kindly help.
    Samir: No, not again. I... why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to God, one of these days, I just kick this piece of shit out the window.
    Michael Bolton: You and me both, man. That thing is lucky I'm not armed.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Gestetner dsc525 With SC792

As long as there is a bridge unit in the machine and no finisher is attatched, that code will remain. Disabling a finisher is easy. Unplug it from the machine.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobiray View Post
    To disable the finisher all you need to do is power down the machine and disconnect the external finisher plug. You will still have the SC792 though as it indicates the finisher is not present but has a bridge installed. Is the finisher plugged in?
    I guess the bridge unit is there (We are a Konica Minolta dealer and not familiar with these products)
    The finisher is disconnected and another "symptom" we have is that the touch panel is either sluggish or non-responsive.
    We cant select color or set it up to print, is there something else wrong with this thing?
    We can copy b/w and we would like to use color. Having color in the shop keeps us out of the showroom and out of sight of the sales reps.

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    Sounds like the touch panel needs replaced. It's a common issue with this model. You can attempt to adjust it by pressing Clear Modes->1->9->9->3->Stop/Clear->Stop/Clear->Stop/Clear->Stop/Clear->Stop/Clear. Then select the touch panel adjust (I think it's 1) and then touch the adjust points on the screen. If the issue returns or continues, you probably have one of the old touch panels installed.
    the savin2535 is displaying well bet the hiter lamp is not shining and the lamp had been tested o.k.please kindly help.
    Samir: No, not again. I... why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to God, one of these days, I just kick this piece of shit out the window.
    Michael Bolton: You and me both, man. That thing is lucky I'm not armed.

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExXeroid View Post
    I guess the bridge unit is there (We are a Konica Minolta dealer and not familiar with these products)
    The finisher is disconnected and another "symptom" we have is that the touch panel is either sluggish or non-responsive.
    We cant select color or set it up to print, is there something else wrong with this thing?
    We can copy b/w and we would like to use color. Having color in the shop keeps us out of the showroom and out of sight of the sales reps.
    These are known for bad touch panels... Ricoh replaced them for free..so replacing that would probably help. The bridge unit is in the middle like on a Minolta DI2510 I believe.. that piece that goes from the exit of the machine and sends it to the sorter. That code shouldn't keep anything from working though.

janam4u

Re: Gestetner dsc525 With SC792

Quote Originally Posted by ExXeroid View Post
    I have a Gestetner dsc525 in my shop With a SC792.
    Can someone tell me how to get into service mode and disable the finisher?

i have the same question i had a 500 finisher and removed it from mp2550 now i have SC792 could not figure out which SP code to change to fix it

Service Manager 250+ Posts

Re: Gestetner dsc525 With SC792

Quote Originally Posted by janam4u View Post
    i have the same question i had a 500 finisher and removed it from mp2550 now i have SC792 could not figure out which SP code to change to fix it
    You have to remove the bridge unit also.