murdolaar

Error code. [554] (702) ERR: on some Aficio MP161

Hi, we've some Ricoh Aficio MP161 and each time we try to scan more than 3 pages the printer goes in error:

#[dcs_nas(23)]11/06/17 15:45:11 SMTPC: received error code. [554] (702) ERR:
    #[dcs_nas(23)]11/06/17 15:45:11 SMTPC: connection closed. (801) ERR:

I've checked the smtp server and apparently the connection is being closed correctly by the printer.
    Does anybody know if there's a specific e-mail limit or something like that that can be changed somewhere?

Thanks,

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Error code. [554] (702)  ERR: on some Aficio MP161

Are all using the same server?
    Did they work in the past? if so, what has changed?

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

This Parts & Service manual can be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

solvent-nyc

Re: Error code. [554] (702) ERR: on some Aficio MP161

Hi, I know this post is a little old but I am having the exact same issue and error messages as the original poster. Did you guys ever get a resolution to this? I'm trying to have our Ricoh MP C3500 send out SMTP mail via our ISP (Verizon) mail server: outgoing.verizon.net on port 587 using SMTP AUTH (non-SSL) with a user account that I created myself and tested with an Outlook client (works fine). I spoke to Ricoh support and they said there isn't any firmware update available. They want to dispatch a tech out to our site but I am skeptical of them being able to fix it. Has anyone been able to fix this issue?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts kannuki2's Avatar

From what I understand the older generation RICOH MFP, it only uses port 25 for SMTP protocol. There is not a way you can change and use port 587 unless you buy one of the newer models like RICOH MP201/MP301SPF and C3501/C5502.

I hope this will help you clear up something.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

If you don't have DNS entries in the machine it won't be able to hit that server. Ping outgoing.verizon.net and use the IP it gives you as the SMTP server.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

This model does not support SSL security protocols. If your email server requires these protocols then this device will not work properly. Newer models as suggested in previous post are the best option to continue S2E.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    This model does not support SSL security protocols. If your email server requires these protocols then this device will not work properly. Newer models as suggested in previous post are the best option to continue S2E.
    This thread was started almost 9 years ago. That makes it dead and buried which makes you a grave digger.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    wow thanks grave digger your FIRST POST and you have to dig up one 8 fucking years DEAD!

and collecting RED CARDS.. good job idjet!