Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Aficio MP 9000 Scan-to-e-mail problems

I tried to set-up scan to e-mail on this machine but without any result. IP, Gateway, DNS setings a OK. In local LAN exists a mail server, LDAP server, but I can`t list the directory, the other Canon IR have not problem. I use the same settings, but still have the same problem. Any suggestions, thas Ricoh have some issues with that, also on the servers there is no authentification problems, so I realy don`t now where are is the mistake...
    I read 5 thimes the manual and folowing it step by step but no result. ANY suggestions, advices, PLS

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    Is the customer using SMTP authentication or SSL? If they are using Server 2008 SSL is on by default and your network administrator will need to turn it off.

White papers can be found here
    the savin2535 is displaying well bet the hiter lamp is not shining and the lamp had been tested o.k.please kindly help.
    Samir: No, not again. I... why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to God, one of these days, I just kick this piece of shit out the window.
    Michael Bolton: You and me both, man. That thing is lucky I'm not armed.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobiray View Post
    Is the customer using SMTP authentication or SSL? If they are using Server 2008 SSL is on by default and your network administrator will need to turn it off.

White papers can be found here
    The customer use SMTP Server

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    Yes, but if they are using authentication you will need credentials input into the machine for the emails to be sent. Also, if the email server is running Server 2008, it is likely running SSL.
    the savin2535 is displaying well bet the hiter lamp is not shining and the lamp had been tested o.k.please kindly help.
    Samir: No, not again. I... why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to God, one of these days, I just kick this piece of shit out the window.
    Michael Bolton: You and me both, man. That thing is lucky I'm not armed.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Aficio MP 9000 Scan-to-e-mail problems

Also make sure, that the Firmware is up to the latest and greatest, because there are some issues with the newer windows versions
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Now I understend that the customer uses Domino for mail and LDAP, so they aren`t using windows Server platforms. For the reason why the machine can not read the LDAP server directory, ( Canon and Xerox have not that problem an operate fine ) their SYSADMIN told me that probably the problem could be the search criteria, words, quotas, leters organization, e.t.c. and that they are using firewall so they will chek secyrity settings and gave free ports and privilegies for the MP9000. I am not familiar with Domino and really do not know on what I can look up. Any suggestions would be great for me ...