Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Printer PCU used in Copier

so, we bought some used equipment and one of the color copiers (Ricoh) came in without any PCU's in it. being familiar with the mods and all that i figured it would be no big deal to put the printer (SP C811) units in it. after a couple of mods to the front covers (post/tab thing in a different position prevents it from fitting in the slot [clip it off]), i fired it up and it said there were no PCU's in it...long story short it seems to be related to the TD sensor. i had one used copier drum unit so i replaced piece by piece the drum side, wire harnesses, connector etc. until the sensor was the last thing i changed and voila! it worked...but i didn't have 3 more sensors available so...i poked around the service mode until i turned off "new PCU detection" and they all worked. i've only done this to one machine and when it reached a "low toner" condition it wouldn't recover from we swapped the PCU's out for the copier models...but the printer units came back here and are working in another machine in house...So, anybody have any experience with this? is the toner detection going to be a problem? is there a better workaround? thanks for any and all responses!

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    What machine did you put them in? It doesn't mention the model or chassis number in the post...
    the savin2535 is displaying well bet the hiter lamp is not shining and the lamp had been tested o.k.please kindly help.
    Samir: No, not again. I... why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to God, one of these days, I just kick this piece of shit out the window.
    Michael Bolton: You and me both, man. That thing is lucky I'm not armed.

sorry, i was thinking along the lines that those drum units fit in most of the current Ricoh line, (25, 30, 35, 40 ppm) but specifically they went into a Ricoh MP C2500 (Gestetner Dsc 525, Lanier LD425). thanks!

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    For the "older" new color machines (MPC2500/3000/3500/4500) we are using all B2232042 drums in the all pcu applications(c,m,y,k). To work as the color pcu you need to file/trim/clip the top left corner of the connector as viewed from the connector side(rear). This gets you the color pcu at the cost of the black pcu. Also you can do a quick pin swap on the C811 fuser connector and use them in the copiers
    the savin2535 is displaying well bet the hiter lamp is not shining and the lamp had been tested o.k.please kindly help.
    Samir: No, not again. I... why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to God, one of these days, I just kick this piece of shit out the window.
    Michael Bolton: You and me both, man. That thing is lucky I'm not armed.

right, we do that too...sorry, i was trying to be brief to get the thread started but i'll be more specific. the machine we recieved had no drum/development units what-so-ever, like there was a transfer belt and below that...emptiness. so i took a full set of SPC811 units and put them in the MPc 2500. i had to do a little modification to make them fit but once they did the machine still didn't recognize them until i turned off the "new PCU detection". after testing each component i found that the TD sensor was responsible. we sold the machine and it was running fine until they got low on toner (normal usage/milage). we swapped them with a regular "copier" set because the "low toner" wouldn't clear. but now they (the printer set) are working fine in a machine in house. i'm just wondering if the i can expect the same issue with these "printer" (SPC811) units or if there's another setting/trick to make them work in the copiers.