Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sc 400 mpc 2051

Impulse Drive Engineer 250+ Posts CableGuy's Avatar

Lightbulb Sc 400 mpc 2051

Hi all

I had SC400 on a few of these MPC2051 that I look after for another dealer and I believe they have had some of theirs do the same. We have looked and found no info or bulletins pertaining to this error code. I tried cleaning the ID senors, by physically removing them from the machine. And eventually replaced the ID sensors which did the trick.

Is anyone else having similar issues with this model, or have any other ideas. The latest machine to have this, has under 3000 (colour and b/w) clicks on it....

Just out of interest, SP 3-325 is showing 211 which means one of the sensors is misreading, but not every time...

Look forward to your wise musings

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Sc 400 mpc 2051

You're sure its a 400? I don't see any reference for it either but 401 and 402 have to do with the transfer HV

Dang, I just noticed the C in the model. So now I would first try a new ITB or unit and after that the BCU.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Make sure this Guide bracket [A] of the ITB are clean.
    Find a few cases where the toner is filed on this bracket [A] and as a result falls into the ID board
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 250+ Posts sharpmind's Avatar
    [Symptom]
    Shortly after switching on there is an audible buzzing noise, followed by SC 400 [ID sensor adjustment error].[Cause]
    Paper Transfer Roller (PTR) motor locking during initial process control checks.

[Action]
    Remove the Paper Transfer Roller (PTR) motor unit. This is located under the right hand inner cover just below the interlock switch). Refer to the Service Manual for the correct procedure. Clean the positioning sensor and lightly greased cam, ensure that there is free movement of the paper release guide. Install the unit again and check for correct operation.
    [Note]:
    Please make sure the return spring [A] is removed before removing the unit and re-fitted after assembling.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Re: Sc 400 mpc 2051

We have had a few of these throwing sc-400 a few months after first install. Only one has it happening repeatedly, and I was also of the opinion that it has to be itb related as that is the only source of toner above the id sensors. I communicated this to my field staff, but they seem to disagree.

Thanks for the info.

buttalasso

Quote Originally Posted by tonnerboy View Post
    Make sure this Guide bracket [A] of the ITB are clean.
    Find a few cases where the toner is filed on this bracket [A] and as a result falls into the ID board
    I had the same problem with the MPC 2050. The wanted to print without the margins and so I shifted it to null in the first side of the sheet. The day after the client called me and told me the machine had sc400. I saw much toner on the bracket [A]. Cleaned the toner, fixed the problem

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Plenty of info and solutions in this thread: http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/ri...050-sc400.html

Clean the ID sensors and the brace above them with the holes that they 'look' through (collects toner from ITB) with alcohol every time you visit the machine. Do not dry wipe as this will generate a static charge and cause them to attract toner.

I've had one case of re-occurring sc400 and after trying all the bulletin fixes the only thing that solved it was replacing the complete ID sensor assy.
    It was a while back and no cases at all since...keeping them clean each service call seems to be a theme.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SargeNZ View Post
    Plenty of info and solutions in this thread: http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/ri...050-sc400.html

Clean the ID sensors and the brace above them with the holes that they 'look' through (collects toner from ITB) with alcohol every time you visit the machine. Do not dry wipe as this will generate a static charge and cause them to attract toner.
    Seems the link above does not exist anymore - does someone know where i can get that info?
    Press the GREEN button!!

Cleaned the encoder disc behind the itb motor's