Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Help please. Aficio 270

Take off the front upper cover to observe the inverter operation, maybe a roller isnt turning

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Technician
    Sorry,forgot to mention. Done already.
    I removed the entire cover of the duplex to observe if rollers were doing their job togheter with upper solenoid. Nothing wrong. I can see sheet entering the duplex, hear the click of solenoid, the rollers inverting their rotation driving the sheet towards the inverter, the sheet entering the inverter for some inches until it hangs, and rollers begin to slip on the sheet trying to push it .

Also I’ve disassembled and cleaned the inverter unit the two solenoids and the sensor.

It is difficult to observe the inverter operation, the inverter is completely hidden but I’ll take off the front upper cover to observe as you recommend.

For the moment I’ve checked via SP all thethree solenoid and sensors involved…

Senior Tech 250+ Posts mjunkaged's Avatar
    Silly question: Have you tried swapping trays to see if it will feed from a different one? Or does it only have one paper tray? DOUBT THAT!! Try the bypass, etc. if you haven't already. IF no joy from ANY paper source, I agree with fuser problem, particularly the pressure roller. If only heat roller is replaced, it will work fine for one-sided, pristine paper. But NOT for 2-sided or wonky sheets. Hm?

Technician
    Thank you for your reply.
    Yes I tried swapping trays, result is the same L

One sided printing from pc ---> ok
    Two sided from pc ---> No way
    One sided from copier panel ---> No way
    Two sided from copier panel ---> No way

Heatroller and pressure roller have been replaced, but please forgive me (obviously I can be wrong\ miss something ) I can’t understand why you think the origin of problem could be the fuser…

Ps. Thisis the link for a short video I made.

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/5426/69t.mp4

Senior Tech 250+ Posts mjunkaged's Avatar
    A picture (or vid) is indeed worth 1000 words. I can see the lead edge of paper deformed. Does it do it if you run letter the long way? Does it do it on any size? Have you tried tightening the idle rollers (if possible)? Sounds to my ear like the top set of rollers is slipping. As in, the tension between rollers is less than it should be?

I've seen a similar problem on the 1045s. It was the diverter gate sticking on the cushion that it sits on at home position. The cushion gets gummy with time.

Technician
    Yes, you’re right. The edge of paper is deformed. This happens also with the long way and any size of paper.
    No, it is not possible any kind of regulation with idle rollers, the tension between rollers is ok, if I try to add some more the paper begins to bend.
    AsTEKK09 says seems like “the diverter gate sticking on the cushion that it sits onat home position”
    BUT I cleaned, eviscerated, checked theinverter dozens of times and I’m sure that everything runs freely (and strangely that there are no cushions at all, at least in this inverter)
    I tried to test one by one via SP the inverter and duplex solenoids and everything seem to be ok with them, but I was thinking to replace all the sensors involved with new ones (just to be sure they are ok)

Please where I can find those sensors?
    Kat*n and Precisi*n roll*r don’t seem tohave it.
    I’ ve got the parts numbers of course and they should be:

Duplex Unit
    AW01 0048 Photo sensor - GP2A28N1
    AW02 0102 Photointerruptor

Interchange Unit
    AW02 0086 Photointerruptor
    B300 4506 DC Solenoid Gate Pawl Upper
    B300 4511 Dc Solenoid Gate Pael Lower

Thanks for your time…
    Last edited by Davide; 06-27-2011 at 10:32 PM.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Help please. Aficio 270

You have the optional interchange unit in the machine since you have a duplexer installed. Open the interchange cover and look at the guides. At the front and rear the plastic fulcrum pins have to be seated into the little holes. This is a real cheezy unit and they come out of place very easily, which causes jamming issues just like yours A look at the parts catalog of the interchange unit will probably help. (B300) product code. Another thing. The inverter harness is really short. Make sure the connector is fully seated and the harness is intact, although your problem appears to be entirely mechanical.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Technician
    Thanks,I’ll bear in mind. Tomorrow I will check again paying attention to your recommendation .
    In the meantime any other suggestion will be very appreciated.

owen22
    I had the similar problem with a cl7000. Turned out to be a board problem. when i changed the sensor it still did'nt work.I ended up changing the inverter unit for another and it worked fine.