Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: MPC 2050 sc742

just one copy?? 500+ Posts
    MPC 2050 sc742

MPC 2050 sc742

Gday all,
    Just wondering what some of you guys are doing to overcome this sc742 error, relating to the jogger in the internal finisher? It seems to me as though the rail the stapler slides on requires lubricant. I have successfully recovered all of these codes by simply applying silicon oil to the shaft and sliding the stapler back and fourth until it moves nice and freely, however, 6-12 months later sc742 again. I only have 3 of these units in the field, and all of them have had this code, only one unit remains to throw it a second time but that is just a matter of time I'm sure.

Any thoughts??

Cheers all
    J
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    MPC 2050 sc742

You got it. Count yourself lucky at 6-12 months later.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

MPC 2050 sc742

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama46 View Post
    You got it. Count yourself lucky at 6-12 months later.
    Yeh, still be nice to find a good fix. Whats that old saying about doing the same thing over and expecting a different result?

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: MPC 2050 sc742

Use something a bit thicker, like thermal grease. That lasts for ages.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MPC 2050 sc742

They did update the motor for this (apparently has more torque to overcome the drag). I've also used Triflow on the shaft in addition, seems to last quite awhile.

D4291523 Stepper Motor (the harness is about a foot long, you will have to tuck it into the wiring track. I heard that this motor originally was used on a larger standup finisher).

MPC 2050 sc742

Quote Originally Posted by teebee1234 View Post
    They did update the motor for this (apparently has more torque to overcome the drag). I've also used Triflow on the shaft in addition, seems to last quite awhile.

D4291523 Stepper Motor (the harness is about a foot long, you will have to tuck it into the wiring track. I heard that this motor originally was used on a larger standup finisher).
    Cheers for the replies all. I will look into replacing the motor if I can't find a better lube. Might try some graphite grease or something similar. I've had these apart to an extent and it didn't look like too much fun to run the harness you mentioned.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MPC 2050 sc742

The motor is not difficult to replace, right behind the front cover. The replacement motor has a longer harness than the original, you just have to tuck the excess in the black plastic harness track that runs across the top.