Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Drum units MPC´s

Here's the thread that should set you straight..

mpc4000 mod

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Masterchief's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teebee1234 View Post
    Not true, the one he is referencing is for the MPC2000/2500/3000/3500/4500 which only needs the connector edge filed off. The next generation (MPC4000/5000) requires the wire swap.
    Forgive me for saying if im wrong im wrong but i was 100% certain that the BK PCU could not be changed!!!!! i was almost certain that a code would show up on these models if used as a colour substitute, but i may have been wrong will defo look into it though

Technician 50+ Posts

With some care you can also take the printer equivalent pcus too the mpcs and buy the black pcu and color pcus retrofit the tdsensors and connectors from existing units too the new units and save a ton of money works like a bitch..Takes alittle bit of time too remove cleaning blade to expose the foam pad were the connector harness is laying and a tweeker to popp of the tdsensors and try too save the double sticky tape if unable too save sticky no problem use some new and be carefull not too cover up center of tdsensor when re sticking. After you swap the tdsensors for each color and black unit and also swap connectors you have too go in manually and do new unit set for all colors and black units that were exchanged it will not auto calibrate units..I think it is in 3process in sp modes near the end of page. once you set the new unit set you turn machine on and the cycle should start calibrating new units... THIS WILL SAVE YOU HALF OR MORE IN WHAT YOU ARE SPENDING DO TOO CHEAPNESS OF THE SP C811DNA PRINTER UNIT COMPARED TOO RICOH AND SAVIN UNITS FOR MODEL. ALSO PRINTER UNITS COME WITH NEW DEVELOPER AND DRUM ASSY.. Hope i have been helpfull ...