Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

aficio 1035 toner not loading

hi, when my aficio 1035 add toner appears, i replace the toner and close the front door and even open and close the side door but loading toner doesnt appear in the display panel and add toner keeps on displaying. i alreading replaced the developing unit and even the bicu board but it didnt solve the problem. what's the solution to this?
    thank you.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: aficio 1035 toner not loading

When you replaced the dev unit did you put in fresh developer and initialise it?
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts sharpmind's Avatar

That problem of yours happened to me today.I was in customer place for almost an hour just to find out what was the cause of the problem.I already replaced the developer few days ago (light copy due to less amount of developer) and cleaned the toner hopper unit yet add toner appeared in the display.I also checked the mylar inside the toner hopper unit and all were ok.I was about to give up and was thinking of pulling out the machine.But I gave another shot and last try.In my mind if that would not work then I need to post the problem in this forum.hahahahaha!!
    Try to clean the connector where developing unit is connected and stretch the spring near to that connector.That was the last thing I did and it worked..

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

It's very common for the mylar paddles to come off inside the hopper on these models. This prevents the toner from being stirred up and out to the developer unit. Part #A2323240

Attached is the tech bulletin. If this is your problem don't replace the mylars, replace the whole assembly.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Be sure to check the door interlocks. If it is in the add toner mode and doesn't see the doors open and close then nothing happens.
    Totoro

Technician

I agree with totoro, if nothing happens when you close the door then it is not registering the door being open and close.
    What does it say when you open the front door? If I am not mistaken it should say close front door. What about when you open the right door? If it is registering the open and close of the doors first thing that I would do is replace the front door interlock switches.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Masterchief's Avatar

i agree make sure you open all doors including the one below the main door on the right hand side where paper passes through from the 2nd tray, this happens quite alot

harwin84

its definitely the switches of the front door. Faced it once 2 years ago