Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Ricoh A5560 colorcopier

Hi I would like to know how to reset the firmware as it is stuck on updating finish and the copier will not work

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts

Re: Ricoh A5560 colorcopier

Will the machine boot to the firmware loading screen when you insert the SD card? If so then just reload all firmware but make sure you do system/copy and engine on their own individually.

If it won't boot to this screen then sorry to break it to you buddy, but this could be a very expensive fix.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

The program that downloads firmware from an SD card is part of the GW controller software. If downloading this software is interrupted, the program stored in the machine may be corrupted. Because of this, it may not be possible to restart the downloading program. (In addition, if the GW controller software cannot be downloaded, other software on other SD cards cannot be downloaded.) However, it may be possible to restart the program without replacing the board by setting DIP SW 1 on the controller to ON, and re-starting.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

gbog here I have been studying the firmware I have for this model and what is happening is it is looking for sr970 or sr980 or sr4000 finisher But the finisher is a sr842 which I don't have so its stuck trying to find it .If any one has this firmware for this finisher model Please let me know Thankyou
    PS I am going to try hooking up a sr970 finisher to see if the M/C will complete its finisher firmware update.

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gbog View Post
    gbog here I have been studying the firmware I have for this model and what is happening is it is looking for sr970 or sr980 or sr4000 finisher But the finisher is a sr842 which I don't have so its stuck trying to find it .If any one has this firmware for this finisher model Please let me know Thankyou
    PS I am going to try hooking up a sr970 finisher to see if the M/C will complete its finisher firmware update.
    So will the copier boot and come to ready with no finisher attached?

As far as I'm aware the finisher firmware is actually stored on an EPROM on the finisher mainboard as they are interchangeable between several different familes of machines (those on the A5560c are usually directly compatable with the MP5500/6500/7500 b/w machines)

The firmware should be available on TESSA support.

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts

Is it definitely an SR842 finisher? As my documentation only lists the SR841, SR970, SR980 and SR4000 as compatable options for this machine.

ddickens

When it comes to finisher and ardf firmware, unless there is a definate problem, i don't update those. I've heard of too many times that the machine locks up.

I think you will have far more problems if the firmware is not updated. The latest Firmware for the SR970 Finisher is attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh A5560 colorcopier

Try pressing "143 - clear/stop 2x" then press the clear/stop key a 3rd time & hold it until the machine beeps. This should free the machine from the firmware download lock.

You have to put a kit on the Sr841 /2 to slow it down for the 3260/5560 models. If I remember right the kit includes an eprom. What I do remember is that you can't revert it back to work on the 906's, etc. So the B706 firmware may not be compatible.