Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 250+ Posts FRIDGEMAGNET's Avatar

MP1350 Miss stacking stapled sets

Hi
    Anyone know of a fix or workaround for staple sets not stacking correctly on a Katana and SR5000 finisher see photo.
    Seems to be worse the fewer sheets in the set ie: less than 10 sheets.
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar
    These finishers seem to ware out there foam stacking roller fairly quickly as well as the foam exit gathering rollers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

Service Manager 250+ Posts FRIDGEMAGNET's Avatar
    Thanks Daz
    Not sure if there is an answer. I have 5 Katanas in 1 room and they all have this problem. The exit rollers do seem OK but I will ask a tech to check them on Monday.
    The sets are exiting OK but when they stack they sit on the previous sets staple.
    Would be good if I could get the exit joggers to work on stapled sets.
    Dave

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

I've also had this problem on the 110 with punched sets, due to problems with the punch die's not cutting a clean hole. Also the new die's really are only a temp fix.
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

beb

MP1350 missfeed problem

Ricoh MP1350 has a problem about tray 2-3 for A3 paper size. The problem occours when the tray 2-3 have less then 15 or 10 A3 sheets. Anybody have any idea to solve problem.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Scott_Lewis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FRIDGEMAGNET View Post
    Not sure if there is an answer. I have 5 Katanas in 1 room and they all have this problem. The exit rollers do seem OK but I will ask a tech to check them on Monday.

The sets are exiting OK but when they stack they sit on the previous sets staple.

Would be good if I could get the exit joggers to work on stapled sets.
    I've seen this, too. There isn't anything you can do so long as the staples in each set are aligned. One thought that occurs to me is..... can you turn on the "sort" mode during staple operations? The idea would be to get the exit tray shift to operate thus offsetting each stapled set and giving the drag roller a fighting chance to work. It would also reduce the tilt of the stacked copies.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Look at the staple/stapler

I'll be the first to say I've never worked on one of these...

But from your photo it looks as if the second set snagged on the staple from the first, third set snagged on the staple from the second etc...

The smaller the set, the more extra staple that is left over and folded over onto the backside. Perhaps the staples are not being folded closed far enough. How about the staple position? Would adjusting it help? Perhaps this is unavoidable. (???)

Copier Gawd 50+ Posts
    There is a smal plastic lift for this problem that sits on the finisher exit tray.. I have found most peeps doont know what it is for and it gets lost . What it does is left the stack in the center allowing the stapled edge to sag

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mess View Post
    There is a smal plastic lift for this problem that sits on the finisher exit tray.. I have found most peeps doont know what it is for and it gets lost . What it does is left the stack in the center allowing the stapled edge to sag
    Also very useful for paper when it curls a lot i find as well.

Worth writing on the plastic lift do not move on something otherwise it goes walkies like you write.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Scott_Lewis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mess View Post
    OMG!!!

Finally, a practical use for that 'proof tray' as I've come to know it. Never could figure out what that thing was for.

Thank-you, Thank-you, Thank-you