Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Question ARDF 3020(MP2500)NOISY

When do a duplex mode(2side to 2 side) have sound very noisy at ARDF.but if normal copy(single sided)have no sound..please help

Hair Straightener Tech 500+ Posts rsyarcia's Avatar

Re: ARDF 3020(MP2500)NOISY

clean and lubricate the bushings and shafts. check for any foreign materials on the paper path.
    Nobody is perfect..

The first time I worked on one of these "noise" problems on an MP series machine I was all over the place. ALL DFseries FEEDERS that use the following 2 parts WILL eventually start to squeak; the parts in question are A8592141 (Paper Feed Belt) and A8592241 (Reverse Roller). As the Reverse Roller and Paper Feed Belt get dirty/glazed they start to create a "squealing" noise that sound like a bad clutch or bushing. If you put a little downward pressure on the Feeder Top Cover, as this noise is happening, it may disappear; try this in the SP Mode. I have cleaned the parts in question but typically find that after several months the squeal returns. I now replace the 2 parts above and B3862171 (Pickup Roller) as well, to avoid future frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Bowen View Post
    The first time I worked on one of these "noise" problems on an MP series machine I was all over the place. ALL DFseries FEEDERS that use the following 2 parts WILL eventually start to squeak; the parts in question are A8592141 (Paper Feed Belt) and A8592241 (Reverse Roller). As the Reverse Roller and Paper Feed Belt get dirty/glazed they start to create a "squealing" noise that sound like a bad clutch or bushing. If you put a little downward pressure on the Feeder Top Cover, as this noise is happening, it may disappear; try this in the SP Mode. I have cleaned the parts in question but typically find that after several months the squeal returns. I now replace the 2 parts above and B3862171 (Pickup Roller) as well, to avoid future frustration.
    But this noisy not come if you do single side..its come when yo do double sided..I already open and pull out all part and lubricant bearing..but the result same..please give other suggestion..tq

Humour me and try what I suggested. I have had multiple instances where the "squeal" would only happen in duplex mode.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    ARDF 3020(MP2500)NOISY

Change the Torque Limiter as well
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!