Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

3025 with finisher issue

original call was for jamming. paper stopping at entrance to bridge. upon further t/sing, found that FU4 was blown. put in new fuse, that blows. the fuse would be ok as long as the finisher wasnt connected. bridge connected, but not finisher. so problem lies in finisher. replaced the dc stepper motor and board. again blows fuse. pull all connectors to all the motors, start plugging in one at a time. all get plugged back in, but no blown fuse. however finisher (1000 sheet) doesnt cycle upon restart, just sits there with the sc792.

contact tech support, advises to get new main pwb for finisher and get the sbcu board. of course i get a harvested sbcu board, get sc 955 (or was it 995). anyway, mismatch of id. tech support says that the sbcu is bad. so i'm back to square one.

anyone have any ideas what to be looking for on this one? waiting for new sbcu board tomorrow.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    3025 with finisher issue

Re: 3025 with finisher issue

Possibly a problem with the plug receptacle between the machine and finisher. Just a guess though

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts

Is this the SR790 finisher? Rather than the "breadbin" type one that hangs off the LHS of the machine.

If something's drawing enough current to blow FU4 on the PSU, I'm thinking either a motor or solenoid's gone pop (the sniff test usually comes in handy as the smell of cooked electronics is quite distinctive) or there's a harness grounded out somewhere in the finisher.

Doesn't help when you get second hand boards of questionable quality through, nothing is guaranteed to piss me off more than getting my arse handed to me by a customer because some prick couldn't be bothered to employ a sharpie and write "N/G", "U/S" or even "F##ked! Do not use!" on the box.

janam4u

i had a 500 finisher and removed it from mp2550 now i have SC792 could not figure out which SP code to change to fix it

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

the machine will give the 792 when the finisher is removed and the bridge unit is still attached. only way to get rid of it is to remove the bridge.