Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    dazed&confuzed

aficio 3245c banding?

I dont have alot of experiance on color, So I am going to reach out and see if anyone has any experiance that would be helpful.
    Customer say's first thing in morning she get's this black banding then after awhile it goes away.
    What she showed me was this faint one half inch black band in the middle of the page on the front side and on the back side inline with the front an almost rainbow of colors in that band.
    Any help would be appreciated.

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar
    Would need to see a sample I think.

As a guess if there single sided copies and there are marks on the back of the sheets it may be the ITB cleaning unit needs a new blade and brush.
    But it could be one of a number of things.

[EDIT]

Ah it could be the process control patterns your seeing (which the machine does automatically every 'x' amount of copies).
    They are like a rainbow of colours and cover the belt at the front, middle and rear, and each one is about a inch in width.
    Same fix applies though, the ITB cleaning unit is probably not cleaning the patterns off the transfer belt fully because of a worn edge on the cleaning blade.
    Last edited by Cipher; 09-13-2007 at 08:28 AM.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother