Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MP C7501 SC397 Drum lock

MP C7501 SC397 Drum lock

If we haven't got enough problems with this toner spraying monster we are now starting to get SC 396/7/8/9 drum drive errors. It appears that there is a build up of toner on the seals at the front end of the cleaning station that starts to solidify and drags against the drum and slows it down. In extream cases the seals have started to peal off and jam the drum. I'm getting the techs to check for airflow, fans working and filters clean etc.

Anybody else getting these problems or are we on our Pat Malone?
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Re: MP C7501 SC397 Drum lock

sir,
    B/W copies can be made normally, but when full-color copies are made, paper jams in registration area.
    After clearing paper jam and restarting, SC397 occurs.?

try
    Replace color drum motor,
    Replace color drum motor. Color shift occurred
    Replace color drum/development drive motor.

Service Manager 250+ Posts turbojetboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    If we haven't got enough problems with this toner spraying monster we are now starting to get SC 396/7/8/9 drum drive errors. It appears that there is a build up of toner on the seals at the front end of the cleaning station that starts to solidify and drags against the drum and slows it down. In extream cases the seals have started to peal off and jam the drum. I'm getting the techs to check for airflow, fans working and filters clean etc.

Anybody else getting these problems or are we on our Pat Malone?
    Check for seizing bearings in the drum face plate assy. We have the toner spray problem - particularly cyan and poor charge roller life.

MP C7501 SC397 Drum lock

You could be onto something there Turbojet, will check a few out and get back with the results, but doesn't explain the seals coming loose.

MP C7501 SC397 Drum lock

I've seen this multiple times and it's always been the felt seal peeling and wedging against the drum surface. This happened last week and this time I noticed that the felt seemed like it was hardened with impregnated lube bar material (whitish like dried Elmer's glue). I don't believe the parts were past the pm schedule but I plan on carrying the felts and replace on pm.

MP C7501 SC397 Drum lock

Thanks TeeBee, yes it does look like lube bar wax, but why only on the seals at the front end of the drum and not the rear?

For some time now we have been solving the lumps of lube behind the doctor blade problem by reducing the amount of pressure on the lube bar by adding a paper clip to the springs.

At least we now know we are not the only people struggling with weird problems with these turkeys.

Technician

I've had one where the bearing on the faceplate was a little skewed in the frame causing tightness.

trottinbob

I stock and carry the back side drum stays (aka - Brush Roller holder ) D0142461 color and D0142463 black with me in my bag. I replace them all the time. If you are going into the PCU for any reason and mess with the drum It needs to be checked for wear.. In 3 years on this model ... I have never replaced a drum motor . It has always been the felt pads ripping off.

Make sure when you put your drum back into unit .... Seat the drum as far to the left (front side) as possible.

I take care of approx 20-30 of these . C6000/7500 C6501/7501