Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh 1013/Savin 2513 or MF161/Savin 816 "add toner" light & "Cleaning 100%" stay on

Ricoh 1013/Savin 2513 or MF161/Savin 816 "add toner" light & "Cleaning 100%" stay on

I have a fax with this problem but it is identical inside to the above models. When turning on the machine the "add toner" light goes on and "Cleaning 100%" stays on also, never goes away.

The model is the Ricoh 4410L (same as Savin 3750). I put the drum and toner into a test machine and no problem, they work fine. Also tried the test machine toner and drum in this problem machine and it's the same problem. Is this the sensor down iside to the lower right? Or maybe the motor not turning the toner cartridge? I cheated the door and removed the toner to see if the motor turns the cog but it does not do that, not even on the working test unit, so I can't tell if it is engaging. Thanks for any advice!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar

Re: Ricoh 1013/Savin 2513 or MF161/Savin 816 "add toner" light & "Cleaning 100%" stay

the spring loaded coupler which meshes with the end of the toner bottle at the rear of the machine may be stuck back into the machine frame.
    Don't take that toner with me!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Ricoh 1013/Savin 2513 or MF161/Savin 816 "add toner" light & "Cleaning 100%" stay

The spring seemed ok but when checking I saw that the sensor arm is actually on the left, the right one is for the drum and it goes back when the drum is installed. So I toggled it back and forth a few times and reinstalled the drum...and it started working after a few minnutes of cleaning mode. Made a bunch of copies and all seems well. I guess the sensor had something bothering it. Thanks for the advice leading to the fix!