Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

customer delight

Hi there,

it is not a technical question, but it is something related to service DEPT improvement.

we want to drive our service DEPT toward customer delight, could we share the experience on this subject, and if someone is having and supporting document.

Regards Feras

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    customer delight

Re: customer delight

A couple of things off the bat...

• #1, tech should call the customer within 2 hours or less to acknowledge the incident give an ETA of arrival (this is after trying to resolve the issue over the phone, ie. "phone fix").
    • If you can't keep your appointment, let the customer know and reschedule as soon as possible. Most are pretty understanding, I absolutely hate it when someone says they will be there at a certain time (cable people- are you listening?) and don't show up when promised AND don't call ahead. My time is valuable too!
    • Dress appropriate to what is required in a business environment. Clean polo or dress shirt (preferably with your company logo), slacks and shined shoes. No jeans, sweat/tee shirts or tennis shoes.
    • Clean appearance - facial hair trimmed, haircut, clean hands, clean smelling (avoid cologne - some people claim sensitivity and just may not like the scent).
    • Tools and equipment in a service case and organized, not looking like they were dumped in the last minute.
    • Be polite and acknowledge the issue(s) they are having. If the cause turns out to be operator error, don't make them feel bad and be condescending (you might as well work for Xerox then).
    • For cripes sake, clean the exterior of the equipment and vacuum loose toner. Make it look like you were there, the customer who bad mouths the machine as soon as you walk in will feel much better about it after you leave. If it works but looks dirty then that are just reinforcing their negative outlook.
    • Don't bad mouth your employer, the equipment or other techs. You won't be trusted by the customer
    • Keep your language civil, never tell jokes (don't know who you might offend) and don't discuss politics.
    • I always end the call with probing questions after I explain what I've done to resolve the original complaint. Ask if there are any other concerns, check their supplies, check for any networking/upgrading opportunities (multiple competitive small printers to consolidate and move the prints to our device to save money and more finishing options).
    • Many more suggestions will be forthcoming by others....

just one copy?? 500+ Posts
    customer delight

Loved the stab at Xerox.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

Service Manager 250+ Posts Ianizer's Avatar

Teebee is right on. Customer communication is HUGE. All the other common-sense customer service issues are important (not always common-sense -- schedule a seminar or something for techs that really just don't get it); but if you could place emphasis on any one thing, Call The Customer.

Our policy is within a half hour, but whatever. Make a policy and stick to it. Teach a tech to take ownership of the problem and genuinely let the customer know Their Problem is Your Problem, and you almost can't lose.

Best,
    -I

andyhanselman

Hi there!

I'm not a technical chap, but a customer service one - thought you might be interested in this article

What exactly is 'Customer Delight'?

Hope it helps!

Andy Hanselman

www.andyhanselman.com

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar

While the rest of the advice is good, it sounds like you're trying to motivate your department. To that, I'll leave you with one suggestion. One that almost everyone in management seems to have lost sight of -

Happy employees make for happy customers.