Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    skippytech25

Ricoh mpc2050 cleaning

Hi all,

I am having a lot of issues with this machine being when I do a job of about 20 pages color 5% coverage it over runs the cleaning system and means I can only do a batch of 20 at a time.
    Is there a resolution for this?
    I get SC code SC400 all the time I clean the sensors cleaned fixes the issues or the sc code but I have to clean the cleaning blade very often is there a fix for this?

Thanks

Skippy

Re: Ricoh mpc2050 cleaning

Symptom
    When setting up, SC400 occurs
    Cause
    The ID Sensor is faulty.
    SP3325 (VSG Adjustment Result) is 1211111.
    The detected value in SP3322-003 (VSG Adjustment Result: VSG VSG_Reg C) is only about 0.08V.
    Resolution
    Replace ID sensor.

Density Sensor Requires Cleaning
    is displayed before SC400.
    This message is usually for instructing the customer to clean the toner density sensor before SC400 is indicated.

dong hubag imo itlog?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh mpc2050 cleaning

Remove the ITB unit and clean the ID sensors with alcohol. Your toner densities are probably all out of whack also, so I would replace the dev units at the same time. Make sure the IT belt is in good shape along with the cleaning blade.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Ugh, what a horrible job getting the ITB unit out is on one of these things. They're apparently supposed to last the life of the machine! Anyway, just change the ITB cleaning unit. It's part number is D039 6036. You can take the ID sensor assembly out of the machine without removing the transfer unit itself. Two screws to take the plastic cover off it, about another 6 that hold the board itself in. Keep an eye out for the rubber washers escaping. Give them a clean with IPA and let it sit for a while to dry. That should sort you out, unless the board has actually failed as lupi said.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts

I have had a couple of these cause me some problems with SC400, here's my advice:

Unlike the MPC3500/4500 and MPC4000/5000 range of machines where the I.D sensors were placed above the I.T.B just underneath the fuser, on this machine they are situated below the I.T.B, just behind the registration roller.

Take the I.T.B unit out of the machine (it comes out the RHS door, I usually put some boxes of paper on the floor and remove the door stays to let it swing down 90 degrees, if space is at a premium the door is easily completely removed, you have to remove the cleaning unit and it's waste box first via the LHS flap, remove the front waste box and turn the release knob then two long screws and the motor harness and remove the stays for the PTR unit then just pull it out)

Once the unit is out, there is a metal brace that sits under the end of the belt at the PTR end, this has three windows in it for the I.D sensors to look through at the belt, I will bet that there is quite a buildup of toner on the underside of this plate. Remove it (two self tapping screws) and give it a good clean, clean the I.D sensors themselves with a blower brush or damp cloth. Reassemble and test.