Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Ricoh MPC 3500 Printer problem using the RPCS driver

I have a problem when i use the RPCS driver and staple the paper comes out in the internal tray not the stapler. Using the PCL driver it works fine any ideas?

Service Manager 250+ Posts Ianizer's Avatar

Re: Ricoh MPC 3500 Printer problem using the RPCS driver

I rarely use RPCS (but I don't dislike them -- they have their place).

With PCL & PS driver, it's frequently necessary to ensure accessories (correct accessories -- there are often several configurations available) are shown as Installed within the driver properties. I would like to enable a two-way communication, where the copier is able to explain to the driver what its configuration is... But that may not be available.

Occasionally, the user is quite sure the device is properly configured, only to discover their settings aren't functioning as expected. There may be several reasons for this:
    • They are selecting incorrect accessories manually. (Try opening the finisher and checking the model number -- "SR3000", for instance -- and selecting the corresponding accessory by model designation.)
    • It is a shared, server resident driver, and the user is attempting to change the configuration at the client level.
    • The user doesn't have Administrator rights to enable them to apply changes. (This may manifest as setting that "appear to take", but then don't function properly, or settings that are shaded out denying changes.
    HTH

-I

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts knightfall's Avatar

Re: Ricoh MPC 3500 Printer problem using the RPCS driver

Ianizer makes a good point but also if the customer has been using the driver and only now having this problem you may want to ask their IT person if anything has changed on their network of updates done if that doesn't point you in any direction try loading the driver on your laptop and try printing from it if it works have their IT try reloading drivers because they do get corrupt after a while.
    good luck.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.