Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

SC 899 on MPC 4501/5501

Hi, we have had a number of machines which show this fault when the the printer cable in plugged in (usually from new) or when large files are sent to the machine. All the firmware is at the very latest version. There may also be other circumstances where this fault happens, for example when using DHCP but the same machine is OK on a fixed IP address. Any one had any knowledge of this fault or cures. SSPD is turned off in Config and the correct gateway and subnets are in use. The same fault can also occur on MPC 7501 machines. Incidently this SC code is not in the service manual but can be found in the MPC 7501 manual.

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar

Re: SC 899 on MPC 4501/5501

It's a software / controller error.

Three or so different occurrences of SC899 have been fixed via firmware.
    My guess is many more firmware related fixes will issued as the months go by.

It's the same old story with new models, it takes them a while to iron out all the bugs which is pretty annoying but the way of things.

ragajungle
    Ricoh will tell you you need to replace the controller. We have been able 100% of the time correct the issue with firmware reflash.

Cool Re: SC 899 on MPC 4501/5501

In usertools under printer features go to hoste interface and make sure your IO buffer is set to 256 and not 128, I have had this and in some cases it has not come back, esspecialy on large PDF`s and it seems to sort this issue out

Quote Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
    Hi, we have had a number of machines which show this fault when the the printer cable in plugged in (usually from new) or when large files are sent to the machine. All the firmware is at the very latest version. There may also be other circumstances where this fault happens, for example when using DHCP but the same machine is OK on a fixed IP address. Any one had any knowledge of this fault or cures. SSPD is turned off in Config and the correct gateway and subnets are in use. The same fault can also occur on MPC 7501 machines. Incidently this SC code is not in the service manual but can be found in the MPC 7501 manual.

buttalasso

Quote Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
    I've had the same problem with an MPC2051: sc899, turn off, unplug the network cable, turn on the machine, plug the cable, no sc. But the upgrade the firmware of the controller fixed the problem definitively

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I have had a couple of these issues too...
    I found that the machine was wanting to contact the mail server for the machine to receive emails even when it wasn't set up correctly, I turned this off and cured the issue.
    I also turned any protocols not being used off and double checked all network info including dns and wins server address's.
    There is a RTB for this issue....TS Bulletin 016.pdf

Thanks

As previously stated, new firmware will sort this eventually.