Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    DanK42

Aficio 2027SP Scan to Folder Problems

Firstly, I'd like to put out a quick thanks for the previous hyper quick assistance I received.

I now have a ricoh aficio 2027sp. I have the printer functioning fine across the network. When I attempt to scan, I can browse from the copier to both the computers on the network. However it doesn't seem to be able to connect to the shares. On both computers I have a folder named "Scans" shared with everyone under full control. Software firewalls are turned off. One PC runs XP and the other Win7. I have been reading through the posts here and I might have missed something but I can't put my finger on it. I understand Win 7 has some needs for firmware upgrades but my xp boxen is not working with it either.

Thanks in advance.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Aficio 2027SP Scan to Folder Problems

can you browse from the copier to the folder \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\scans

DanK42

Thanks for the response.

I can't browse to the shares, but I can browse the computers on the network. When I try to browse deeper then connection failed.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts aabarnes1's Avatar

Is the scans folder in the root directory (C, if not put it there and also go control panel, folder options, view and un-check the box for 'use simple file sharing'
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.

DanK42

Scans is in the root directory: c:\scans
    Simple File Sharing is off
    Full control to everyone
    Firewall Off
    User "scans" created and added to permissions with full control
    username "scans" and password entered into copier
    also tried without credentials

Thanks again, hopefully we can nail it down soon. Heading back over to the client now to hack some more...

...okay back on site...

I can browse into the network no problem from the copier, I can see the computer I want to scan to. When I click on the computer I want to scan to..."cannot find the specified path". Oddly, sometimes as soon as I hit browse network at all, it will say "cannot find the path specified"...
    Last edited by DanK42; 08-26-2011 at 08:58 PM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DanK42 View Post
    Scans is in the root directory: c:\scans
    Simple File Sharing is off
    Full control to everyone
    Firewall Off
    User "scans" created and added to permissions with full control
    username "scans" and password entered into copier
    also tried without credentials

Thanks again, hopefully we can nail it down soon. Heading back over to the client now to hack some more...

...okay back on site...

I can browse into the network no problem from the copier, I can see the computer I want to scan to. When I click on the computer I want to scan to..."cannot find the specified path". Oddly, sometimes as soon as I hit browse network at all, it will say "cannot find the path specified"...
    Create the path first: \\ computer name\scans
    Go to start>cmd> net config workstation> hit enter
    will display the computer user name,enter the user name into the box.
    then if you create user authentication password,enter the password into the password box.
    hit test conection and ok, will be able to scan to the folder.

DanK42

Thank you all for your replies. Unfortunately, I've already done these things. I believe it may be a firmware issue. Though I working with another similar unit today and couldn't get a proper connection. Ultimately, in the second situation we went with scan to email which worked out fine. Still it would be nice for the scan to folder to work as it would likely be quite a bit quicker.

Am I correct in the belief that Windows 7 requires upgraded firmware? Is firmware an issue in other OS installations or everything other than Win7 should work?

Technician

I think that the device it too old for firmware to help on windows 7. But you can go into advanced sharing and reduce the encryption levels to 56 bit. Plus try a public folder on the 7 box. On XP, did you check the firewall for port exceptions on ports 137 and 138? That can help, if it is on, of course.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Is Netbios over TCP/IP enabled?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar

If I were you, I'd forget about the Win7 PC for now and get the XP machine working first.

When you shared the folder in XP, did you tick the box entitled "Allow network users to change my files"?

Also, try typing the path \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\scans into the search bar of the Win7 PC to attempt to browse to the folder on the XP PC. If you can access the folder, try creating a new folder in it.