Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    otourist

System reset when replacing parts Ricoh 2238C

I'm about to change the PCU's and developer units on my Ricoh 2238C which I assume is a simple slide out - slide in affair. (Correct me if I'm wrong). Do I need to reset anything via the control panel such as counters, and if so how do I go about this.

Thanks in advance.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: System reset when replacing parts Ricoh 2238C

Attached is the relevant page from the manual on replacing the pcu and dev for this model. To restate what's in the instructions, be sure to reset the codes in service mode and power off before you insert the units.

From the tone of your post, it appears that you may not be a tech and have knowledge of how to enter the service mode. If so, I would strongly advise having a qualified tech do this procedure. Not because it's difficult, but generally other issues will be present if you find it necessary to replace the units (dropping toner inside, ID sensors need cleaning, transfer belt unit checked/cleaned, optics cleaned, fuser inspected, feed rolls cleaned/replaced).
    If you don't mind my asking, why do you find it necessary to replace all of the units at this time? Is the copy quality poor on one particular color or all of them? One of the issues this particular model can occasionally have is a failure of a developer drive clutch which will deplete the developer in the unit, causing loss of density for that particular color. In this case, you don't want to replace the unit(s) until that is corrected.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by teebee1234; 09-05-2011 at 03:21 PM.

otourist

Re: System reset when replacing parts Ricoh 2238C

Thank you Teebee. Top man.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Lightbulb Re: System reset when replacing parts Ricoh 2238C

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com