Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Aficio MP C2500 - Fax forward to Email

Question Aficio MP C2500 - Fax forward to Email

I was just referred to a client that had previously been set up for fax forward to email, and (long story short),they'd had a simple change made to their email account settings, so it no longer functioned, yet their Service Reps couldn't give an answer or come by to try and fix it, so no faxes had been received for a couple of weeks. 10 minutes after I arrived I had it going again.
    I've only set this feature up a few times in the past, but my experience on at least 2 other models was that when faxes couldn't be forwarded for one reason or another, the machine would print an error report, and then the fax that couldn't be forwarded.
    In this case, the faxes show in the RX status as received (probably 15-20), but none were ever printed or otherwise, and the memory shows 100%.

My questions are: Have they actually been stored someplace else (on the hard drive perhaps)? Is there a way to retrieve them? Am I correct about the printing of faxes if they can't be delivered via email, and is there a setting (user parameter, etc.?) I can set so that they are printed in the future should any network problems occur?
    I suggested that they could simply turn off "forwarding" in reception features in the future if they experience problems, but I'm just scratching my quickly balding head for the answers to the above.
    Thanks in advance

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Re: Aficio MP C2500 - Fax forward to Email

If I'm not mistaken, the only way to get these faxes out is through WIM. (Print only, no download.)

Ironically enough, you actually DON'T want to log in as admin to do this, as the "Fax Receive File" option is not there under the admin screen - weird, I know.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Glorified Parts Swapper 100+ Posts ptrflrs's Avatar

Re: Aficio MP C2500 - Fax forward to Email

in fax service mode use 6105 to print anything in the memory however if u show 100% u might not have anything there to print. in case u need to clear the fax sram use 5101, this will also turn off the "receive file" led when it stays on all the time.
    jesus loves you! (everyone else thinks you're an assh*le)
    street cred: CompTIA A+ & Network+ Certified; Konica Minolta Gold Seal x2,
    Konica Minolta Outward ASSociate, Ricoh, Sharp, Lexmark trained