Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    beau

Aficio 240W PC Controller card

Good morning,

First I want to thank all the members of this site. It has been integral to this printer and others, but I never needed to create an account in the past.

We had a print server with the PCI controller card in it, and the hard drive and power supply went on the unit.

We were backing that unit up, on a nightly basis. So, I built a new server, but can't find the drivers for the 240W PCI controller. Our licenses are still valid, still paying for it, but even our Ricoh technician and Ricoh retailer do not have a copy of the 240W controller.

They did mention they were looking into creating an ISO for us, even though all I need are the drivers for that card. I have a copy of plotbase and everything else.

But I have a feeling it is going to take a couple days.

Thanks to this site, I was able to give them all the steps I needed to get them to do. I needed them to download from their corporate server these files and create an ISO. We use our 240W everyday, and it has already been 2 days Ricoh has been working on this and all I am doing is sitting and waiting.

Does anyone on here still have a copy of the PCI controller card so that I can get Windows XP to detect this card and control the printer?

It would really be appreciated.

Michael B

beau

Re: Aficio 240W PC Controller card

To bad I haven't seen another 240w thread in quite a long time. But someone out there has to have one of these wide format beasts.

Don't need Plotbase software or RSP or anything. Just need the drivers for that card.

Or a way around it. I can give someone FTP credentials to upload it if it's too big.

All I need is Windows XP to detect that PCI card, and after that, it should be smooth sailing.

Anyone have any other things I could try doing. Waiting on Ricoh is painful. Any resellers you know that might have a copy of that D2 controller card.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Give this a try.

I think that these are all the files required, but I can't tell without having one handy.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

just one copy?? 500+ Posts
    Aficio 240W PC Controller card

Are the drivers you need here?

Download | Ricoh Support Europe

That link didn't really work. Search for 240w from here.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

beau

Quote Originally Posted by jonezy999 View Post
    Are the drivers you need here?

Download | Ricoh Support Europe

That link didn't really work. Search for 240w from here.
    Tried those...no luck...they just have the print drivers and driver update for printing in AutoCAD....need those, but need that PCI card driver.

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    Give this a try.

I think that these are all the files required, but I can't tell without having one handy.
    Giving this a try tomorrow morning...if it works...you are a life saver.

Thank you very much.

Let you guys know how it goes, and when I do find these drivers, I am going to glue them to a USB stick and attach it to the unit.

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    Tried those...no luck...they just have the print drivers and driver update for printing in AutoCAD....need those, but need that PCI card driver.

Giving this a try tomorrow morning...if it works...you are a life saver.

Thank you very much.

Let you guys know how it goes, and when I do find these drivers, I am going to glue them to a USB stick and attach it to the unit.
    The install files in the zip file I posted are found "loose" in the root of the Plotbase install CD; I saw no other files on the disk that looked like they were related.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

beau

The install files in the zip file I posted are found "loose" in the root of the Plotbase install CD; I saw no other files on the disk that looked like they were related.
    I should know for sure in the next 2 hours. Waiting to hear back from customer. Office is apparently very busy this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    I should know for sure in the next 2 hours. Waiting to hear back from customer. Office is apparently very busy this morning.
    Ummmm... Is that office still busy?

I was wondering if the driver I posted for you worked.

No offense, but I would have thought by the urgency of your posts that you should have known by now.

Regards,
    Ken

beau

Ummmm... Is that office still busy?

I was wondering if the driver I posted for you worked.

No offense, but I would have thought by the urgency of your posts that you should have known by now.

Regards,
    Ken
    Ya....ran into some problems during the install on the server.

Driver worked perfectly. It was a huge help.

Problem I ran into is I had installed Plotbase on the server that had windows freshly installed on it. But I also had an extra hard drive in the server and it had SNMP share setup.

It was weird. Plotbase would crash. I removed everything Ricoh and all the prerequisites on for the Ricoh software and then rebooted the computer and it actually launched an old version of Plotbase that was installed on the E:\ drive from a hard drive that was from another computer. I had Plotbase in Windows Startup. Even though it pointed to the C drive, it was able launch the app that was on E that was from an old install.

And Plotbase launched fine and was running. It was strange. Absolutely nothing in Add/Remove programs or in Program Files (on the C drive)

So I decided to go through the 60 step process of removing an old version and installing again. I noticed that Plotbase had a list of really old drawings, so I knew that the old E drive was messing around...whether it was the share it creates or the SNMP share point.

I changed the security on the E drive so no one has access to that portion of the drive (there are some other files people use on this drive)

Then I uninstalled SNMP and did a little clean up work.

Then I installed 3.5 fresh. After that everything looked like it was working fine.

I decided to upgrade to an even newer version. Installed 3.7.

The speed difference between 3.5 and 3.7 is pretty big. Too big on the underpowered server. I doubled it's RAM, and now it is working fine.

Bigger pain that I though, but that baby 15 kb file is what I needed to get it all going.

I definitely feel more confident in this software than I did a week ago.

Much appreciated...and I am glad I knew to keep searching these forums for help.