Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sc 390

mtekla

Angry sc 390

I've got an Aficio 1018 that's generating sc390 after every 10 copies. I recently fitted new drum, cleaning blade and developer and changed the lower development unit gears (set). Vt is 0.00 even after I add toner manually!I have tried to do developer initailisation annd forced dev churning but no luck at all. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated guys!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts sharpmind's Avatar

Re: sc 390

Quote Originally Posted by mtekla View Post
    I've got an Aficio 1018 that's generating sc390 after every 10 copies. I recently fitted new drum, cleaning blade and developer and changed the lower development unit gears (set). Vt is 0.00 even after I add toner manually!I have tried to do developer initailisation annd forced dev churning but no luck at all. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated guys!
    390 B TD sensor error
    Symptom
    The TD sensor outputs less than 0.2 V
    or more than 4.0 V 10 times
    consecutively during copying.
    Possible cause
    • TD sensor abnormal
    • Poor connection of the PCU

Technician

SC 350, SC 352 or SC 390 codes and/or light copies.
    [Cause]
    Toner not being supplied into developer unit.
    [Action]
    Check operation of the Toner Supply Shutter on the bottom of the OPC unit. This shutter has a small tab on it which when pushed against the developer unit pushes the shutter open.
    If the tab/shutter (item 8) is broken replace with; Shutter, toner supply - Part Number G0652241

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar

If VT is 0.00v with a new dev you either have no connection to the TD sensor, have overtoned the dev by NOT covering the toner supply slot during setup, or the sensor is blown. Did you use a vacuum cleaner on the dev unit? If yes, you may have blown the sensor with static.

You should NEVER add toner to a new dev! (Ricohtec) If you do you will NEVER get a good copy! In fact you MUST make sure NO extra toner gets into the dev unit until TD setup is complete.

mtekla

Exclamation Re: sc 390

I initialised developer properly. The sc code started after I had changed the developer unit gears. The copies were very faint so I added toner manually after doing forced toner supply several times without success.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar

I initialised developer properly. The sc code started after I had changed the developer unit gears. The copies were very faint so I added toner manually after doing forced toner supply several times without success.
    Did you check the TD reading before making copies or adding toner? After pouring the dev into the unit, assuming the new dev reached the TD sensor, you should still get a reading from the sensor. If you forced toner into the unit then checked the TD reading, it's possible there is just far too much toner in there after you forced it. This would result in TD at 0v and SC 390. You may have some other fault causing the faint copies like a poor drum earth or dev bias connection... you have refitted the drive dog on the back of the pcu? if not, the drum will drive but the dev unit wll not.
    You must never, NEVER add toner or take a "normal" copy until the TD reading has been checked and I would always run 10 white copies and check VSP / VSG before removing the paper cover from the dev hopper. Once you add toner, if there is a problem, you will probably need another dev.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    sc 390

Sounds like you might have a broken auger shaft in the dev unit.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    sc 390

Quote Originally Posted by RICOHTEC View Post
    SC 350, SC 352 or SC 390 codes and/or light copies.
    [Cause]
    Toner not being supplied into developer unit.
    [Action]
    Check operation of the Toner Supply Shutter on the bottom of the OPC unit. This shutter has a small tab on it which when pushed against the developer unit pushes the shutter open.
    If the tab/shutter (item 8) is broken replace with; Shutter, toner supply - Part Number G0652241
    That looks like a B079 PCU.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 250+ Posts sharpmind's Avatar

You said that even after replacing new drum set and developer the copies were still faint. It happened to me two days ago when I replaced new drum set but still the copies were too light. I found out the transfer roller was not fixed properly. I would suggest that you remove the transfer roller and clean it. Make sure you clean properly the area where the transfer roller is fixed.

Aneesh

Quote Originally Posted by sharpmind View Post
    You said that even after replacing new drum set and developer the copies were still faint. It happened to me two days ago when I replaced new drum set but still the copies were too light. I found out the transfer roller was not fixed properly. I would suggest that you remove the transfer roller and clean it. Make sure you clean properly the area where the transfer roller is fixed.
    I was facing the same problem and it solve after replac the power supply.. try this atleast..