Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Document server

Technician

Lightbulb Document server

Hi,

I have a MPC300 installed in customer place, where there are 40 users, I do not want to change any settings in the printer driver, But I want all the users print jobs go directly to Document server only.
    Let the user come to the machines and release the print job & take the prints.

Is there any SP mode setting available on the machine to observer the incoming print data’s to document server only? Or can we divert the incoming print date to document server using Smart device monitor?

Please advice...

Raja.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Re: Document server

The only way to do it is through the print driver.

Why have them go to the Doc Server though? The Document Server is for print-on-demand of commonly used documents, not every day printing. This also adds the step of making sure the users delete the job after printing them, otherwise your storage gets used fairly quickly.

There is a job type in all of the drivers for this model for Hold; which stores the job on the HDD of the machine but then requires the user to release it at the machine to actually print, which sounds like what you're looking for.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Document server

Re: Document server

Locked print is also available and requires a password to release the print at the copier.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+