Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: SC 541

MikeCL

Question SC 541

This is the 2nd time I got this error code on the Gestetner DSc232 the first time I pretty much had to take the whole machine apart..

First started with the fuser because I was getting the waste tank full message which turned out to be too much oil in the fuser tank.. Then after that I got the current error code which is SC 541.. Somehow after taking out all the circuit boards and getting to the one that houses a battery on it I took it out for a few seconds and I finally got the machine to run.. Now that was the first time..

Between that and today I'd say I got about 2,300 copies out of it before I came back in the office and I saw the SC 541 code again... I just looked at the fuser and I can't figure out where the thermistor is on it?

2nd I can't figure out how to get in to reset the service code again.. I know it's 107 something but I can't remember if I had to press the stop button before or after or hold it down while keying in.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    SC 541

Lightbulb Re: SC 541

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Re: SC 541

Quote Originally Posted by MikeCL View Post
    This is the 2nd time I got this error code on the Gestetner DSc232 the first time I pretty much had to take the whole machine apart..

First started with the fuser because I was getting the waste tank full message which turned out to be too much oil in the fuser tank.. Then after that I got the current error code which is SC 541.. Somehow after taking out all the circuit boards and getting to the one that houses a battery on it I took it out for a few seconds and I finally got the machine to run.. Now that was the first time..

Between that and today I'd say I got about 2,300 copies out of it before I came back in the office and I saw the SC 541 code again... I just looked at the fuser and I can't figure out where the thermistor is on it?

2nd I can't figure out how to get in to reset the service code again.. I know it's 107 something but I can't remember if I had to press the stop button before or after or hold it down while keying in.
    SUBUKAN MO ITONG GAWIN BRAD..
    SC541
    Answer
    [Cause]
    Poor connection on the machine end of the fuser harness

[Solution]
    Refit the fuser harness connector.
    AT ITO PA
    [Symptom]
    SC541 is displayed. A piece of paper left in the connector unit was removed, and after that SC555 is displayed.
    Answer
    [Cause]
    The contact of the fusing unit door connector is faulty. The shape of the terminal pin of the connector on the fusing unit side changed when the paper became stuck, and was damaged so that the contact became faulty.
    [Action]
    As a temporary measure, repair the connector pin on the fusing unit side. It is necessary to replace the fusing unit.
    Once the shape of a terminal pin has changed shape or has been damaged, it is possible that the same problem will occur.
    AT ITO PA
    SC541, SC542, SC543, SC545, SC547, SC548, SC557 and SC559 Reset Procedure
    Answer
    [Procedure]
    Enter Maintenance Mode:
    [Maintenance] [OK] scrollto [Engine Maintenance] [OK] scroll to [Fuser SC Reset] [OK
    TRY AT THIRD ANSWER IS 100% SOLUTION OKAY...

MikeCL

Uhmm thanks, I reset the code and it's fine but I wonder if it could be the thermistor?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    SC 541

541 A Thermistor disconnection (heating roller)The fusing unit starts warm up to theprint ready temperature.
    Thetemperature does not reach 7°C for10 seconds.
    Defective thermistor
    Thermistor loose connection
    Defective connector

And now for the bad news, the thermistor is part of the Fusing Belt Assembly which you cannot pull to pieces so you need to replace the whole component. As for pulling the battery to reset a service code......Jeez!!!!!!!
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.