Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

should i perform 5801 clearing all

if i perform 5801 clear all things , which sp codes must be performed after performing 5801( ie 3001 for adjusting ID sensor , 2801 TD Sensor Initial Setting, 2109 for adj laser unit, ...)
    and afer performing 5801 , which sc codes possibly appeared?
    thanks a lot
    Color printing with lowest cost per page is my love.

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

Re: should i perform 5801 clearing all

A memory all clear is something to avoid. I can think of perhaps one or two instances where SP5801 was the solution to a problem in the 16+ years I have been doing this. If possible just print the non-default data page and re-enter the values for the SPs on that page manually and you shouldn't need to run any other SPs afterwards.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zed255 View Post
    A memory all clear is something to avoid. I can think of perhaps one or two instances where SP5801 was the solution to a problem in the 16+ years I have been doing this. If possible just print the non-default data page and re-enter the values for the SPs on that page manually and you shouldn't need to run any other SPs afterwards.
    How to print the non-default data page ?
    Color printing with lowest cost per page is my love.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

I'm in the business since 1993, and I only once or twice performed SP5-801. SP5-801 seldom solves something. Often it only makes things worse. According to the manual, if you're doing a memory all clear, you should replace the whole PCU-Unit, drum, developer etc. because all values are set to default. And when you're doing this on a color machine the problems can be much greater. SP5-801 does not solve Service Calls and you should think twice before doing this.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by akbareshghi View Post
    How to print the non-default data page ?
    SP5-990

just putting this here in case someone comes across this...

Had the message "sd card not seated correctly..." which would NOT go away even after full hdd format, removed all java apps (then removed all sd cards - java and postscript), and a 5801-003 SCS clear...I even updated/reflashed the firmware and still had the damn sd card message!

A thorough look through the 5990 non-defaults did not reveal anything abnormal.

Only thing that seemed to work was 5801-001 all clear. Even then, putting the saved nvram data back on it caused the message to show up again.
    So I had to "all clear" and start from scratch (using the non-defaults from before as a reference) to keep it proper.

!ALWAYS get 5990 data before doing this!

Maybe something else would have resolved this, but trying to figure it out was taking longer than wiping it and starting over.
    (I posted here because I think it's related as one of the few times this would be performed)
    Last edited by mlandry71; 07-06-2018 at 10:23 PM. Reason: additional info added for clarity

Retired 10,000+ Posts

"SD Card not seated means just that. An installed application is set to run from the SD card. If it is a JAVA function you cannot stop it or uninstall it if you do not have it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Why would you even think about clearing memory?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    Why would you even think about clearing memory?
    I had one of my techs call me yesterday with a 10 year old machine that would not respond to any display commands or print. I had him upload the nv,run 5801-1

He was able to get the machine up and was able to reload the nv and all was good.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brianneoe View Post
    I had one of my techs call me yesterday with a 10 year old machine that would not respond to any display commands or print. I had him upload the nv,run 5801-1

He was able to get the machine up and was able to reload the nv and all was good.
    It is a rare day when I run 5801-1, like maybe one time every 10 years or so. I'm just asking the guy that started this tread, is it really one of those once in a decade kind of problem? What problem is he seeing? Maybe it's caused by something else.